Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    I think it's trying to re-humanize the idea of a superhero, a trick to add intimacy to the hero for the audience. Personally, it's just not going to fly with me. (if you'll pardon the pun )
    yeah, i think there are too many producers/directors out there that think the costume doesn't let viewers become involved with the characters... i guess none of them saw the box office draws for spidey...

that's what marvel comics are all about - the man inside the costume. there's always story about peter parker, as well as spider-man.

meh.
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Quote Originally Posted by darthvyn
    yeah, i think there are too many producers/directors out there that think the costume doesn't let viewers become involved with the characters... i guess none of them saw the box office draws for spidey...

that's what marvel comics are all about - the man inside the costume. there's always story about peter parker, as well as spider-man.

meh.
    yea they want to appeal to a non comic book geek audience.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

But the costume is part of what separates a superhero from a generic sci-fi hero or an action hero or whatever. The costume doesn't HAVE to be corny, but look at the first X-men movie, they still needed some sort of costumes.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JarJarBinks
    How can Marvel's characters get so many decent adaptions in films and cartoons, but everything DC turns into a joke.
    I would respectfully disagree with you on this point. Batman The Animated Series and the current Justice League cartoons are IMO better and more faithful to the source material than any Marvel cartoon produced to date. It is true that the recent Marvel film adaptations have been great but they've had their share of stinkers as well in the 80's like The Punisher, Captain America, and the never released Fantastic Four mess. I'll agree this show sounds like another Birds of Prey and hopefully will never see the light of day. I really don't think the television medium is the right place for live action super hero shows, because in order to do it right it would simply cost to much.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    The costume doesn't HAVE to be corny, but look at the first X-men movie, they still needed some sort of costumes.
    Yea but even that can be bad, even that will be compromised to be like Birds Of Prey was, "its a super hero costume, but it is not."
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    I propose you don't pour money into a new series, and just release the old series in its entirety on DVD! While I know that this is not quite Star Wars or The Transformers: The Movie as far as the rabid fan base goes, I can guarantee that droves of fans will watch it.
    Gotta go with Chux here, I would like to be able to get the 90's series on DVD too.
    [font=verdana]Madness take its toll. Please have exact change[/font]
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

I liked the old Flash series. CBS didn't give it a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by scruffziller
    Yea but even that can be bad, even that will be compromised to be like Birds Of Prey was, "its a super hero costume, but it is not."
    Yeah, BOP really screwed up bad on the costumes. I hope WB doesn't consider that the way to go.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

A little more news on the god awful idea of a series.
    The Flash Speeds to The WB
    Source: Variety, Andy Friday, September 12, 2003

The Flash, an ordinary man with superhuman speed, is headed for The WB's Fall 2004 schedule, as the network has committed to a pilot based on the DC Comics superhero. Writer/producer Todd Komarnicki is writing the pilot and will executive produce.

Just like The WB's Smallville, the new take will have a "no tights, no flights" philosophy, which means the character won't be clad in the classic red suit. He'll also have a cool 21st-century mantra that will guide his life.

"Once our hero gets his calling, he's given the advice, 'Live fast so others don't die young,' " Komarnicki tells Variety.

The new version will also add another element - time travel. The hero will be a fresh-out-of-college Gothamite who discovers he has the ability to move very fast - so fast, in fact, that he can travel backward or forward in time. He'll use that skill to right wrongs, save lives and kick ***.

Each week will have self-contained storylines, or missions, in addition to ongoing plot points. A mentor will train him and there's a legacy of Flashes before him.
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

It's dead, it's dead! There is a god!! From Dark Horizon.
    "The Flash"
    The WB's Smallville-esque reinvention of the comic book set around high school is dead. According to Kryptonsite a reliable source of theirs has confirmed that the new Flash is not moving ahead.
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.