Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: The Flash (Aka WB Plans to Butcher Another Classic DC Character!)

Quote Originally Posted by JarJarBinks
    I know many of you like Smallville, and some of you liked Birds of Prey while it lasted. But the following sounds like complete crap. The classic 1990's CBS TV-Series sounds better then this pile of dung. How can Marvel's characters get so many decent adaptions in films and cartoons, but everything DC turns into a joke. Without the classic scarlet speedster costume, this sounds like a lame "Quantum Leap" rip-off. What's next, "Touched by a Wonder Woman".

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    I have been saying stuff about Warner Brothers forever, about how they don't know how to handle their comic book properties at all. Perfect example the recently released Catwoman. Cr*p. They practically killed the Batman Franchise and next years Batman movie better deliver, though I have no hopes that it will or any DC property turning out decent for that matter. Smallville is the one exception so far, but even I am getting tired of the show. If I have to see one more freakin episode where Clark and Lana talk about how things are weird between them or how they are hiding their feelings or about how they can't be together, then I am just going to flip. It is seriously getting OLD. The way the writers tackle their relationship is so annoying. I guess they have never heard the rule 3 strikes and you're out. Well this gimmick outlasted its appeal on me about half way through season 2. Warner needs to understand that in order for a comic book based property to do well you have to be truthful to the comic. I seriously wish I was in charge of the comic divison over there at Warner. I would straighten things around. It really is unfortunate to know that executives have absolutley no idea on how to run their business.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

Whats the point of having Super Heroes if they don't wear the costumes?
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow
    Whats the point of having Super Heroes if they don't wear the costumes?
    Agreed. All I see from these shows is another crappy 90210 or Dawson's Creek WB teenage want to be drama that simply tries to set itself apart my capitalizing on the DC characters names.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

A little OT, but about two years ago the WB tried to bring the Lone Ranger back to TV. The pilot wasn't picked up but it aired as a TV movie late in the season.

The WB did a 90210 with the Lone Ranger. Made him and Tonto very young. Only the bad guys were older than 35.

One word: BAD. I didn't watch all of it because it was so bad.

I've maybe seen "Smallville" like twice and wasn't into it. It DID seem a little too "Dawson's Creek"-y for me. The addition of the Flash is just sad.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**