Hybrid View

The Flash (Aka WB Plans to Butcher Another Classic DC Character!)

I know many of you like Smallville, and some of you liked Birds of Prey while it lasted. But the following sounds like complete crap. The classic 1990's CBS TV-Series sounds better then this pile of dung. How can Marvel's characters get so many decent adaptions in films and cartoons, but everything DC turns into a joke. Without the classic scarlet speedster costume, this sounds like a lame "Quantum Leap" rip-off. What's next, "Touched by a Wonder Woman".
    The WB has ordered a pilot for a new series based on DC Comics' “fastest man alive," according to this Friday morning Variety story by Josef Adalian.

Todd Komarnicki, one of the many producers on the Will Ferrell “Elf” movie due in November, will script the "Flash" pilot.

Unlike the 1990 CBS version, the new “Flash” will feature a speedster who never dons the comic-book character’s skintight scarlet running suit.

Like the comics’ current Flash, Wally West, the new TV Flash will learn that he is only the latest in a long line of Flashes.

According to the Variety piece, the Flash will each week be sent on a time-travel mission to the past or the future. (The comic-book Flash can travel through time too – with the help of a handy "cosmic treadmill" – but he doesn’t do it in every issue!)

If the series goes forward, it'll likely debut about a year from now.
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Or how about "Everybody Loves Martian Manhunter".

Can't believe the network execs think this will go over well. So the thing to do now is to take only the name of the superhero or peoples in the comic and completely redo it. I have not been a fan of any of the recent DC TV adaptations and this one sounds like another flop. Didn't they learn from "7 Days"? That was a time travel show as well and it didn't do all that well.
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000

And this is bad how? I mean,how many times have they had Wally travel through time in the comic? Or how many times has Max Mercury traveled through time? Same thing when you sit and think about it.

I'll take the ol' CBS series, that was way more fun than this sounds, and had Mark Hamill doing his Joker impression as a baddie. Warner is dumb.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Bring back John Westley Shipp for this!! He will be the only flash!!!! Will to be on TV, that is!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

They already have The Flash on the WB. It's Clark Kent, who doesn't fly yet.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by JarJarBinks
    How can Marvel's characters get so many decent adaptions in films and cartoons, but everything DC turns into a joke.
    I would respectfully disagree with you on this point. Batman The Animated Series and the current Justice League cartoons are IMO better and more faithful to the source material than any Marvel cartoon produced to date. It is true that the recent Marvel film adaptations have been great but they've had their share of stinkers as well in the 80's like The Punisher, Captain America, and the never released Fantastic Four mess. I'll agree this show sounds like another Birds of Prey and hopefully will never see the light of day. I really don't think the television medium is the right place for live action super hero shows, because in order to do it right it would simply cost to much.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Re: The Flash (Aka WB Plans to Butcher Another Classic DC Character!)

Quote Originally Posted by JarJarBinks
    I know many of you like Smallville, and some of you liked Birds of Prey while it lasted. But the following sounds like complete crap. The classic 1990's CBS TV-Series sounds better then this pile of dung. How can Marvel's characters get so many decent adaptions in films and cartoons, but everything DC turns into a joke. Without the classic scarlet speedster costume, this sounds like a lame "Quantum Leap" rip-off. What's next, "Touched by a Wonder Woman".

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    I have been saying stuff about Warner Brothers forever, about how they don't know how to handle their comic book properties at all. Perfect example the recently released Catwoman. Cr*p. They practically killed the Batman Franchise and next years Batman movie better deliver, though I have no hopes that it will or any DC property turning out decent for that matter. Smallville is the one exception so far, but even I am getting tired of the show. If I have to see one more freakin episode where Clark and Lana talk about how things are weird between them or how they are hiding their feelings or about how they can't be together, then I am just going to flip. It is seriously getting OLD. The way the writers tackle their relationship is so annoying. I guess they have never heard the rule 3 strikes and you're out. Well this gimmick outlasted its appeal on me about half way through season 2. Warner needs to understand that in order for a comic book based property to do well you have to be truthful to the comic. I seriously wish I was in charge of the comic divison over there at Warner. I would straighten things around. It really is unfortunate to know that executives have absolutley no idea on how to run their business.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."