Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Geonosian Starfighters (And Hailfire droids?) are here at last!!!

This is basically the exact same post as I posted in the collector's club threads, but I figured I'd put it here to make it a bit more public, seeing as this is one of the most popular forum sections...

I went to Target today, and saw...

A GEONOSIAN STARFIGHTER!

Needlesss to say, I picked it up right away. It is awesome, even the gimmick is tolerable. The pointy parts are a bit bendy, but it's not too noticable. I LOVE the pilot, he has a little air mask that looks like a muzzle with a hose that goes into a hole in the control panel...It's almost "cute". The canopy is awesome, the whole ship looks very Geonosian. It is small, about 15 inches long and quite thin, but that is exactly how I hoped it would be, because they are smaller ships. The missiles fire pretty well. I only wish I could have gotten a Hailfire Droid too...According to the booklet in the box, the Hailfire Droid really does come with 32 missiles! I also saw the Jedi Council set (The one with Yarael Poof) and the Separatist set that comes with Nute Gunray; I found the CW Anakin too. I passed on all of those except for the Starfighter, though. Good luck, I hope this cool ship may grace everyone's collections soon! If you have any questions about the starfighter, feel free to ask.
    "Ohnomyfriendthisisamistakeaterriblemistaketheyhav egonetoofarthisismadness!" -Count Dooku, AOTC

Too cool, hopefully these show up at my Target sometime this week.
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

What!! New Stuff? On a Sunday morning? Gees, I've been going on the wrong day of the week. Goodbye Church, hello Target.

LOL. Star Wars is a religion, and right now it does look like Target is our preferred church.

The Hailfire's awesome! (well, about what I expected - it's not like the Republic Gunship or anything - but that's why the Clones won!)

I haven't opened a Geonosian Fighter yet. Great review Darth Sidious (in the review section).

But The Hailfire's twist-tie hell again. So that's enough unravelling of cardboard and wires tonight. Oh - and there's little stickers like it makes a difference.

It's a good toy though. And I look forward to playing with a Geonosian Fighter tomorrow. Good finds Darth Sidious!

Fantastic Vehicles - best in what seems a very long time!

Quote Originally Posted by RussUAE
    Fantastic Vehicles - best in what seems a very long time!
    Nah: Slave-One (Jango's) and the Republic Gunship were better - as could be the new TIE Fighter. But these new boys are good!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho

The Hailfire's awesome! (well, about what I expected - it's not like the Republic Gunship or anything - but that's why the Clones won!)

I haven't opened a Geonosian Fighter yet. Great review Darth Sidious (in the review section).

But The Hailfire's twist-tie hell again. So that's enough unravelling of cardboard and wires tonight. Oh - and there's little stickers like it makes a difference.

It's a good toy though. And I look forward to playing with a Geonosian Fighter tomorrow. Good finds Darth Sidious!
    I'm glad to hear that they did a good job on it, anyone who has heard my rants knows that that is the "Ship" (Well, Droid) that I have been wanting ever since AotC came out in theaters... I agree about the Clones, too. A Gunship with Pilot Clone Ball Turret accessories is unstoppable!

Glad you liked my review, by the way.

Ah, wires, I expected that, since the Hailfire Droid...well, it just LOOKS like something that would have a ton of wires, doesn't it? Oh well, when I find that I'll be happy to see the wires, even.

I'm sure you'll like your Geonosian fighter, hope yours isn't too floppy...

Oh, by the way, how tall is the Hailfire Droid, at its highest point? I could never really tell how big they were in the movies...
    "Ohnomyfriendthisisamistakeaterriblemistaketheyhav egonetoofarthisismadness!" -Count Dooku, AOTC

The wheels come up above the Gamorrean Guard's shoulders if that helps any. I don't have a measure handy, but I suppose 3 droids standing on each others' shoulders? Dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    The wheels come up above the Gamorrean Guard's shoulders if that helps any. I don't have a measure handy, but I suppose 3 droids standing on each others' shoulders? Dunno.
    Oh, okay, three figures high is pretty good. When I read Gammorean Guard, at first I thought you meant the 3 3/4" one! (I forgot about the 12 inch since I don't collect those)

Nah: Slave-One (Jango's) and the Republic Gunship were better
    True, but that was over a year ago. That said, I have no illusions that we'll get anything else as cool for the next 12 months either!