Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Very disturbing discovery at Super K...!

I stopped into a Super K in Brooklyn, OH last night. They had been pretty good about getting the POTJ figures on the pegs for a few months. I picked up the last Mechanic Chewie about 3 weeks ago.

I went in expecting to see either new shipments or empty pegs. I was horrified to find NO PEGS!!! I looked up an down the aisles and they had the Digimon, Pokemon, JP3 and superhero stuff along with the Max Steel stuff. There was NOTHING!! The only traces of STAR WARS I could find were 3 Qui-Gon Lightsabers that had been marked down.

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Has anyone else been expeiencing this with the Super Ks around the nation?

Sorry, I have to plead ignorance on this one. Is Super K like a Super Big KMart or is that the actual name? I don't think they have them in my area (UT). Are they like W-M or more like a supermarket?
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Yes to both your questions. The super K is like that most of the time down here and yes they are like a super WAL-MART with out good SW toys! Even though they will suprise every now and then I got a few orange card Epi. I figs their Amidala acension gun and Sio Bibble that was the only place I ever sall either of those figs!
    "One day I will become the most powerful Jedi (Sith) ever." Anakin Skywalker, Epi.II

Yoda is forever my hero now...

Thumbs down poof

Star Wars seems to be going extinct at stores lately. Recently my TRU and Target has been my place to buy, which is quite unusual. And Wal-Mart has stopped carrying them for a while, and KB has not gotten anything new, and Target has been reported of not carrying them. And TRU is going through changes, adding KidsR Us and Imaginarium, decreasing their toys section! AAAAAARG!
    "Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course."
    ~ Jacques Cousteau
    Great Traders: CowherPower

Unhappy

What may be happening is that the major retailers are revamping their toy aisle to prepare for the upcoming Christmas season. They could have temporairly moved the figures only to bring them back at a different location in the aisle later. I know the Wal Marts and the Targets in my area are currently doing this or are just beginning to do this.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Thumbs up

It is perfectly normal to see smaller (yes even in some cases, completely gone) stocks of toy lines in order to make room for the current "hot" lines. The Big K-Marts here in the Victorville, CA. area can still be counted on once in a while. But it seems to me that Star Wars is enjoying less shelf space in MOST of the big chains. The local Kay-Bee has next to nothing. I don't sweat it, though. The next film is about 9 months away. There will come a Star Wars flood to ALL major chains...you read it here first!
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

I haven't seen POTJ at my local K-mart in probably 6 months, literally!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Angry

There is a Super Kmart right by where I work and I have made many great discoveries there. (Aunt Beru, Holo Sidious Wave, Sio Bibble Wave, Obi-Wan Lightsaber...) In fact, otherwise difficult-to-find items have often sat there for weeks. But for two months now there has been a single POTJ Boss Nass. And nothing else.

Like Raymond says, "Kmart sucks."

I think that we're going through a normal cycle. I wouldn't read too much into it.
    -`,,``,,``
    Who are you?
    Why are you?
    What do you want?

I have to say that the KMart here in Laurel, MS, is brimming with good POTJ: numerous Dirty Biker Scouts, Bespin Han Solos, Coruscant Guards, a couple of Saesee Tiinns, a lone IG-88, several Throne Room Amidalas, and the usual compliment of Sandpeople, Chocobi-wans, and Boomer Damaged Battle Droids. They even have a couple of Bespin Guards and Sabes left after nearly two weeks, and one Duro.

At least, that's what I found last Wednesday.
    Mond urynn ac alanna, vos ac ceredigion, sleyn vos vuul.