Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 12" Luke & Yoda

Hybrid View

12" Luke & Yoda

So u have seen the picture of this set. I am now undecided whether to buy it or not, when its out. Any comments for me to make my decision a little easier?

Thumbs up

I want this set. I need this set. I will have this set. I figured this would be a hard on to get perfect. The minute imperfections don't bother me.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

I'm REALLY nervous that this set will suck as bad as the prototype pics have made it look, even though I know there are changes being made on the prototype before it goes to production. It just seems like this set could really look goofy if they don't fix the silly face problems on both figures and the horrible Luke body.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JT, I think you'll be disappointed. The Death Star Trooper l bought from the just release 12" Death Star Trio looks exactly like those in the pictures all over the web when it first appear in a Toy Convention.

Smile

I just got back from teh Chicago Wizard World convention and I saw this piece. I think it looks rather good. You have to see it in person I guess to get a feel for it. But it is coming along rather nicely.
    Boba Binks - The most feared Bounty on Naboo.

Thumbs up I want this set

I think it is cool, I just hope they have removable hands and not forget to include hands for the hand stand.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

If these figures suck I'll have to go to whoever is the president of Hasbro and make him eat every single sucky figure they've made.

Seroiusly though, would you still buy these guys even if they did suck?

I'm not a huge fan of the 12" line as I am generally disappointed in the scuplts. I have picked up a couple just because they were really well done.

I'd love to have a good Yoda and Luke, but I'm not convinced that this is "it". Oh, well... I'll have to have a good look at it to really decide if this one will be worth picking up!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Originally posted by humsup
    JT, I think you'll be disappointed. The Death Star Trooper l bought from the just release 12" Death Star Trio looks exactly like those in the pictures all over the web when it first appear in a Toy Convention.
    Oh dear, thanks for letting me know. I hope Boba Binks is right about it being better in person then, because this one could look really bad if it doesn't exceed the quality of the prototype.

Originally posted by master jedi
    Seroiusly though, would you still buy these guys even if they did suck?
    Probably, just for the handstand ability Hasbo promised and the backpack.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thumbs down

I can honestly say that I can pass up the 12 inch line if I do not like them. I do not buy the reissues or resculpts. I buy the new ones. I will not pick up the new Han, but probably the others. I also will not be getting the Luke w/ Speeder Bike.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."