Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gene Hackman fans soundoff!

I like Gene Hackman's movies. I usually do.

I own these:

Geronimo
    Unforgiven
    Wyatt Earp
    Crimson Tide
    The Firm
    Superman

Probably more.

He's a good actor.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    I like Gene Hackman's movies. I usually do.

I own these:

Geronimo
    Unforgiven
    Wyatt Earp
    Crimson Tide
    The Firm
    Superman

Probably more.

He's a good actor.

Funny, I just got to meet him last weekend. His newest film, Runaway Jury, looks to be as good as the rest.

Haven't really seen alot of his movies but he was great in Behind Enemy Lines and Young Frankenstein.

Let's see.. all the ones I've seen him in: (from latest to earliest)
    -Behind Enemy Lines
    -Enemy of the State
    -Antz
    -Superman IV
    -Superman II
    -Superman
    -Young Frankenstein

Hmm, could've sworn I've seen him in more but that's all I could remember seeing on his acting list on IMDb.com.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Here is all his movies,

He has always been a great actor in my eyes. Iloved just about everything he did that I have seen. I know he has done alot of movies, justabout everyone since the dawn of time it seems, but when you are that darn good, you deserve it.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker
    Haven't really seen alot of his movies but he was great in Behind Enemy Lines and Young Frankenstein.

Let's see.. all the ones I've seen him in: (from latest to earliest)
    -Behind Enemy Lines
    -Enemy of the State
    -Antz
    -Superman IV
    -Superman II
    -Superman
    -Young Frankenstein

Hmm, could've sworn I've seen him in more but that's all I could remember seeing on his acting list on IMDb.com.

Hoosiers. See Hoosiers.

I want to see Behind Enemy Lines and Enemy of the State.

Tell us how you got to meet him Stillakid. What did you talk about? What is he like?

He seems like he'd be really intelligent.

I'm not sure what Ulysses S. Grant was like, but in the sequel to Gettysberg, I hope they find a role for Gene.

If he'd been in Star Wars, I could have almost seen him play Qui-Gon's part, but Liam Neeson was by far a better choice.

Liam Neeson and Gene Hackman would be a good combination in a movie, however!

I didn't like him cast as Lex Luthor in the Superman movies, he would make a good villain but I didn't think that was the right one for him.

I think Hackman did a really good job in "The Firm". He's usually good in everything (except commercial voice-overs ) but there I thought he stood out really well.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

How can you guys forget "Bonnie and Clyde"????

He only won Best Supporting Actor........
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker
    No, no, no. Fire is our friend.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    Tell us how you got to meet him Stillakid. What did you talk about? What is he like?
    I shot an interview for the new Hoosiers DVD extras that they're working on. He's a nice guy, but I have heard some "horror" stories about him on set. But he was good with us.