Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Padme's Royal Starship: AOTC

One of the few bright spots in AOTC was that opening sequence when we see Padme's chrome ship, reminiscent of a bomber, fly through the clouds with the familiar drone of prop engines.

Please make this ship. I like what you did with the TPM version and I have great confidence that this AOTC ship would be just as awesome...and it would probably sell more as it is far far cooler.

Alas, I say all this knowing that I'm pi**ing into the wind, but it doesn't hurt to ask, does it?

No never hurts to ask, but it would be cool to have
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I wouldn't mind to have it, and the Yacht.

I think there's a better chance of getting the Yacht though since it's smaller.

I would much rather have both of these in Action Fleet form than in 3 3/4" form where they'll have their lines messed with.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    I would much rather have both of these in Action Fleet form than in 3 3/4" form where they'll have their lines messed with.
    The same way they did justice to Dooku's sailer?

Nice! No, I mean real Action Fleet.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I go with stillakid. I would love to get either the AOTC starship or Padme's Yacht.

We can dream that one day it'll happen. The Starship from The Phantom Menace was (and indeed remains) my favourite SW vehicle made my Hasbro.

Quote Originally Posted by RussUAE
    I go with stillakid. I would love to get either the AOTC starship or Padme's Yacht.

We can dream that one day it'll happen. The Starship from The Phantom Menace was (and indeed remains) my favourite SW vehicle made my Hasbro.
    You know, people complain about this toy all the time and I cannot figure out why. I was certainly NOT going to buy it for $125.99 but I jumped on it as soon as it went to $49.99! This ship was amazing. It took some good engineering to figure out how they would make this a multi-level play piece without having to amp up the scale on it. No, it wasn't completely movie accurate but it was good enough for imaginative minds like mine. I can't see them making another ship of similar "style" and scale since the first one fared so poorly. It's a nice dream, though... *sigh*
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartnr
    You know, people complain about this toy all the time and I cannot figure out why. I was certainly NOT going to buy it for $125.99 but I jumped on it as soon as it went to $49.99! This ship was amazing. It took some good engineering to figure out how they would make this a multi-level play piece without having to amp up the scale on it. No, it wasn't completely movie accurate but it was good enough for imaginative minds like mine. I can't see them making another ship of similar "style" and scale since the first one fared so poorly. It's a nice dream, though... *sigh*
    As good as the TPM one was done, I wish they wouldn't have blown there wad on it and just waited for the AOTC version. I just saw pictures of it again and, by far, it is soooo much cooler. Less "sci-fi-y" and more reminescent of a WWII bomber.

JP, the Ep 1 royal starship started at $99, not $125, that's how much I paid for mine (the day it came out too). I think if the Royal Cruiser had played a much larger part in Ep 2, then maybe that could justify making a toy as big as this, but it barely has 5 minutes in the film. The Ep 1 Royal Starship, by comparsion, is in the film almost 75% of the time.