Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Spy reports about "a Darth looking character" and more about Tarkin.

Quoted from www.theforce.net

EP3: SPY REPORT: Face Lift
    Wed, Sep 17, 03 12:15:44 AM EDT

A first-time insider with access to just a little bit of info from Episode III codenamed Coz sheds some light on what a particular character may look like in the final SW movie of all time. We can confirm some details you'll dig and we'll unpack the second paragraph in a followup tomorrow.
    From what I've seen of the movie so far, there was a very Darth-looking character who looks like a cross between a Clone War trooper and the original Darth. Not sure if it was really him or some type of precursor, but very cool.

And has anyone told you about the Peter Cushing prosthetics? Marvelled at the work that went into this guy, yes he pops up in the new film as you've reported and looks stunningly like a younger version of the character from Episode IV. They've nailed the look for sure. I saw a still shot with his hand stroking his chin that you could have sworn was Peter Cushing from the early 70s!
    Enjoy
    "Trust me, itís paradise. This is where the hungry come to feed. For mine is a generation that circles the Globe in search of something we havenít Tried before. So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what, itís probably worth it."

Thanks. So, I wonder if the "Darth-looking character" is Vader or just a pre-TIE Pilot Clonetrooper.

TheTarkin character in EIII should be interesting.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Hmmm, I wonder who the Darth-looking character is. I like the idea that it may be a tie fighter pilot or maybe an "empire pilot". Everyone please share your thoughts on this Darth-looking character. Thanks!
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

If it is Darth Vader I'm going to puke and likely never watch Star Wars again. I want the OT look.
    Come vote in my Best Figure thread this Preview Month.

Quote Originally Posted by plo koon 200
    If it is Darth Vader I'm going to puke and likely never watch Star Wars again. I want the OT look.
    Thats the point tho......THIS ISNT THE OT.....

They'll either do one of two things. Darth Vader will look exactly as he did in the Old Trilogy once he's got the suit on. Or he'll look roughly like Darth Vader but with notable differences. I personally hope he looks exactly as he does in the Old Trilogy. What do you guys think?
    "Trust me, itís paradise. This is where the hungry come to feed. For mine is a generation that circles the Globe in search of something we havenít Tried before. So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what, itís probably worth it."

Don't really care to be honest. Vader has never been a favourite character of mine. Always thought he was weakly portrayed and about as threatening as an old man trying to tear up a phone book. I'd prefer to see Anakin wearing the face mask but not the helmet. Something like the original artwork by McQuarrie. Originally the mask was only going to be used for space travel not all the time. So if Anakin ends up using the face mask part only and not the helmet then he'll look more menacing and less like a goon. As for the suit I always hated it. If it wasn't for the cape then he'd look so stupid. If they go a halfway point and blend the Jedi robes with the Vader suit I.E. put more ribbed texture into the Jedi robes and make them more body hugging. Make them black. but don't replicate the Vader suit per se, I think everyone will get it by the time ANH comes around, you don't to see vader as he is in the OT because he's named in EP3, when leia addresses him in ANH we'll already know who he is but he's just wearing a stupid helmet and skintight pants and codpiece for some reason. Strange fashion sense he developed.......

What about the nostalgia? I wonder how you'll feel when you see Darth Vader in his prime opening up a can of whoopass on his adversaries. You still not gonna get the new Darth Sidious figure then Jargo?

Vader won't be opening up any cans. Anakin maybe but not Vader. Stopped collecting figures of star wars peeps. Too expensive for little pieces of crap, Pallisades is the company to follow. They gots some respect for the consumers. hasbroken can go kiss my arse. I just aint interested in wasting money. hasbroken have lost me as a consumer and Toybiz are about to get the same. If you don't gots no respect for me then ya don't gets my money.

Vader is crap as a concept. He does nothing at all in the OT to make any sense out of him being the most powerful force wielder apart from the Emperor. He's just lame, boring, nondescript, out of synch, camp, useless and superfluous. Pantomime baddie. In fact yeah, Palpatine and Vader are like a pantomime baddie and his useless henchman. pathetic. If they have anakin get all whoopass as vader then it's a complete farce and george may as well just go and remake the original trilogy completely differently. Just say screw the OT purists and remake the whole second half of the saga.