Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hyperspace: Ben Burtt Chat Tonight!

Sound Effects Designer and Editor Ben Burtt will be online to chat to fans tonight (Thursday 18th September) at 4:00 p.m. Pacific time, 7:00 p.m. Eastern time, Friday 19th September at 12:00 a.m. UK time, and 9:00 a.m. Sydney time.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Nothing was really revealed in tonight's chat, but it wasn't really on for long. Here's some little bits:
    - Ben is trying to link the PT with the OT with the sound effects.
    - There is enough left over dialogue for Chewbacca from the OT.
    - Bruce Spence's character will have Sound Effects dialogue if Ben can come up with a good original language.
    - The new bad guy will have some kind of processing to his voice.
    - The most interesting sound will be an environment.
    - Rusty nails being pulled out of a warped wood will be used for a sound effect in Episode III.
    - JEJ has not yet recorded his voice (which is a shock as we were all convinced he had from the rumours years ago) and final plans for him to do so have not yet been made.

PENDO!
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Thanks for posting that Pendo.

I wonder if we'll hear any dialogue from Vader in the trailers. As to the bad guy having processing to his voice. Well, Jango Fett had that on his when he had the mask on so who knows who it'll be. Man, that's what killing me most.. who is this new bad guy?!

Man, I'm excited for Episode III!
    "Trust me, itís paradise. This is where the hungry come to feed. For mine is a generation that circles the Globe in search of something we havenít Tried before. So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what, itís probably worth it."

Burtt implied that Vader may not speak at all. That scares me. But McCallum said Vader had a line. He said three words. I'm now lost and confused.
    Come vote in my Best Figure thread this Preview Month.

What!! Three measely words...you're kidding, right? That sucks! Surely Vader would have more than one line!
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

The new bad guy will have some kind of processing to his voice.
    sounds like that "general grevious" rumor may not be just a "fan boys" dream.

Vader will say more than 3 words, Rick McCallum said he'd give us 3 words of Vader's dialogue, but there will be more to it. Well I hope so anyway cause if Vader's only words are "I don't fear..." it would be pretty pooey !

PENDO!
    My DVD Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Pendo
    Vader will say more than 3 words, Rick McCallum said he'd give us 3 words of Vader's dialogue, but there will be more to it. Well I hope so anyway cause if Vader's only words are "I don't fear..." it would be pretty pooey !

PENDO!
    Unless, of course, Rick referrs to Vader stricly as the character in the full outfit - helmet and all, and what we get is a response to dialogue from Vader/Anakin just after he has donned the helmet for the first time at the end of the film. That might be kind of cool.

"They will pay..."
    "Revenge is mine..."
    "As you wish..."
    "Ouch! That hurts..."
    "I'm so hungry..."
    "Where's my hair...?!!!"
    "I gotta pee..."
    "What the f---...?"
    "Yippee! Wizard! Gonzo!"

The choices are endless!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I like it. 3 words "I don't fear" could be very cool.

I've felt, or at least wanted, all along to have Vader show up at the very end of the movie, in such a way that we don't know (well, WE'LL know) he is Anakin. Maybe it won't happen like that, but as long as he shows up at the end, I'll be happy.

As cool as it would be, I have no interest in seeming THE Darth Vader for more than 5 minutes of Ep.III.