Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

What do you think of the new Screen Scenes?

Went to a Target in Vestal, N.Y. today, and on the shelves I grabbed me the new WA-7 (kinda neat), Emperor (I still haven't decided if I like it or hate it), and most notably the new 2nd set of Screen Scenes!

I've noticed a few posts where folks have mentioned that they have seen these sets in passing. Some shown excitement about finding them, while others just noted as if they were no big deal.

My question is this: Do you love these screen scenes as much as I do? They are totally superior to the old three packs because each one released to date had all new figures except for Dooku and Windu, and each of these figures are great.

In the first Jedi Screen Scene Evan Piell was beyond expectation, and Oppo was a pretty cool unique figure even though he is a little odd. I do like his extra pair of hands under his shirt! The 2nd Jedi pack is the best! Yaddle is terriffic, and although I'm not a fan of soft goods, Yarael Poof is a figure I've been dreaming to see. I wasn't moved by Depa, but the great thing about her being in this pack is that now every single Jedi council member from Episode I is made! I've heard people dreaming about this for a long time, and to get them all in one three pack saves on allot of hunting.

I will say that the first Geonosian War Room screen scene is the worst of the bunch. San Hill is a little weak, but Poggle is awesome. The 2nd Geonosian War room set is great. Although Nute has the exact same body as the first Nute, his cape, head, and head dress are correct. I would recomend that you don't stand the screen scene Nute next to the TPM Nute when you display them because they are almost identical. As for Shu Mai, and Passel they are great additions, and now almost all of the Separatist commanders are made!

In one post someone did bash these new three packs saying they were too expensive ($20), but they were the exact same price as the old three packs, and those did not come with chairs, accessories of any kind, or a table that could connect! These things to me are very exciting, I hope to see more of these and I was wondering if you folks thought the same!
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaff
    Went to a Target in Vestal, N.Y. today, and on the shelves I grabbed me the new WA-7 (kinda neat), Emperor (I still haven't decided if I like it or hate it), and most notably the new 2nd set of Screen Scenes!

I've noticed a few posts where folks have mentioned that they have seen these sets in passing. Some shown excitement about finding them, while others just noted as if they were no big deal.

My question is this: Do you love these screen scenes as much as I do? They are totally superior to the old three packs because each one released to date had all new figures except for Dooku and Windu, and each of these figures are great.

In the first Jedi Screen Scene Evan Piell was beyond expectation, and Oppo was a pretty cool unique figure even though he is a little odd. I do like his extra pair of hands under his shirt! The 2nd Jedi pack is the best! Yaddle is terriffic, and although I'm not a fan of soft goods, Yarael Poof is a figure I've been dreaming to see. I wasn't moved by Depa, but the great thing about her being in this pack is that now every single Jedi council member from Episode I is made! I've heard people dreaming about this for a long time, and to get them all in one three pack saves on allot of hunting.

I will say that the first Geonosian War Room screen scene is the worst of the bunch. San Hill is a little weak, but Poggle is awesome. The 2nd Geonosian War room set is great. Although Nute has the exact same body as the first Nute, his cape, head, and head dress are correct. I would recomend that you don't stand the screen scene Nute next to the TPM Nute when you display them because they are almost identical. As for Shu Mai, and Passel they are great additions, and now almost all of the Separatist commanders are made!

In one post someone did bash these new three packs saying they were too expensive ($20), but they were the exact same price as the old three packs, and those did not come with chairs, accessories of any kind, or a table that could connect! These things to me are very exciting, I hope to see more of these and I was wondering if you folks thought the same!
    I think these set are cool. It's nice to get a few new figures togther. One thing about the cost. The POTF2 3 packs where not 19.99 or 21.99, they were more like 14.99. I kind of like the them better than the Saga sets, but I tend to like the POTF2 line much better anyways. In those days, they were action figures. I do think the packaging is nice and you can totaly see that Hasbro made these to stay in the box. I mean look at the bubble with the SW molded in it. I think they are totaly geared for us collectors. At least thats how I see it. I'm sure someone will say I don't care about the packaging, I just want the figures, but I think Hasbro did a good job on these for the most part.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Turbo's right about the price. The original Cinema Scenes were a bit cheaper. I believe $14.99 is a much better price than $19.99. When it comes to comparing the packaging & base between the Cinema Scenes and Screen Scenes, you're really not getting much more for your extra $5.00.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

The price is not necessarily the point of this post. Even if the price is more, so are figures nowadays in many stores, after all some folks pay for figures by mail and after shipping they come out to $6 or $7 a piece.

This post is about the figures mainly, but package examinations are good too. I, myself opened all of my screen scenes so the packaging although it looked better than the old ones, meant nothing to me. I want to know if your happy with these sets or not, and why!
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

I am very excited about these figures.

Poggle the Lesser is probably my favorite. I like Even Piel a lot, too.

I do think the price is fair granted the softgoods and accessories.

I wished the Jedi had lightsabers though. Easily enough fixed kind of all the extra sources of sabers out there.

San Hill and Depa Billaba are about the same as they would be as individually carded figures. So they're ok.

But I agree with everything JAFF said, about us waiting a long time for the Jedi figures and the accessories and packaging being cool.

By the way: Oppo Rancisis has to be one of the coolest figures ever. We have plenty of characters with 2 arms and two legs. This is the rare exception when we get 4 arms and no legs but a tail instead!

Oppo, along with Geonosians, Hutts, Amanin, Chevin, Kitik Keed Kak, and probably very few others are the most original SW characters in the entire line (excepting droids).

So Oppo is more cause to flip out for joy than the next version of a Clone Trooper, in my opinion. (but I really like Clones!)

PRICE I was one of the people that felt that these screen scenes were too high in price. There are three figures...$4.77 X 3= $14.31. Besides, the first AOTC yoda came with cane, rock, 2 piece base, and lightsaber!! All of those accessories for $4.77! The chairs and war room table does not justify the extra $5.68 (19.99-14.31) in my opinion.
    Sets 1 of 2 I liked the holographic death star in the first set. I liked the Poggle figure. San Hill was lame.
    In the Jedi set, I like Even but Oppo was kinda crummy IMO. Mace was average. But I liked his soft goods.

Sets (2 of 2) I have not found these. Because I am a completist with figures, I will buy them like I did the first sets.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

I think these sets are great.

I see absolutely no problem with the price. I'd rather spend $20 on these than a Jedi Starfighter.
    3 figures and a mini playset for $20 is a bargain.

I lucked out and got all mine in decent condition. Although I've seen a number of them beat to heck. Funny though, they still fly of the shelf.

These scenes have allowed us to get 5 new Jedi some of us thought we wouldn't get in awhile. I know of people that were hoping for 2 new council members a year, and would have been happy completing the council in 3 years off that formula, well Abra Cadabra, we have a complete Jedi Council, from EP1 & EP2, awesome!

The genisian war room is beyond words, after seeing it immediatley future scenes of the rebel briefing room, Yavin war room, and Death Star 1 meeting room come to mind.

I hope the more I'll eat them up!
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

I think they are too expensive. Has that kept me from getting them? No - I just buy them under protest I really like the line and they have chosen some great figures to produce that we otherwise most likely would have never seen.

I was surprised at how small the packaging is on these items. I was expecting a box at least the size of the Trash Compactor sets, but these are decently smaller than that. They just seemed larger in the photos, I reckon.

J

I thought the price was just TRU high pricing items. I guess i was wrong. I have only seen one of jedi and conf. set 1. I did not even know who was in part two until in picked up this mont issues of Lee Toy Review. Should i kick myself know or latter for not pick them up when i saw them.

I've seen these a few times, all 4 sets, but today was the first time I paid any notice to 'em in person and I found them pretty lacking for the price and concept, not enticing at all. I only was looking at the 2nd wave sets, but both seemed to be pretty small and lightweight, the paint apps weren't up to the quality they could have been, and the accessories weren't as large or detailed as I would have liked. Ultimately, even though I sorta want that Yareal Poof figure, I don't see these being much of a temptation on my collecting dollar.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.