Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Let's talk "Underworld" (spoilers)

Alright, i caught this flick last night and i had pretty good hopes for it. I'll just say that it was better than what i thought, but not as good as i had hoped. I loved how the film was shot; very moody, dark, and atmospheric. Kate Beckinsdale is a sweet sweet goddess, but i felt that she was kinda wasted in this movie. She did an excellent job, but some of the other actors (namely that guy who played Kraven) didn't cut it for me. He just seemed too whiny to be head of the convent.

I must say that the film had numerous plot angles and most of them worked, but towards the end it got really cliche'. Like about how the master betrayed Selene and whatnot. Still, it had some good action sequences and whatnot, and it nearly pulled everything off without a hitch. I'd hafta give this flick 3 out of 4 stars.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

i saw it today and liked it. i wish the other vampires were as talented a fighter as kate beckinsdale, as they all seemed rather helpless against the werewolves. i also would of preferred to see more of the werewolves in action, especially a lot more gore.........i say, if you're going to have an "R" rating, go "hard R" or go PG-13! this film could of easily of been PG-13.

i really enjoyed the flash back scenes and think those would of made a better film. maybe they will make a pre-quil.......or a crossover flick with Blade.

I saw this the other day and really enjoyed it. The opening sequence in the subway was incredible and if I have any complaints its that I would've liked to have seen more scenes with that sort if intensity. The acting was good especially the beautiful Kate Beckinsale but I agree the guy who played Kraven was a bit weak. He had a great look but what was up with that broken accent he had? The guy who played Lucian was great and the way the story ended up playing out made me like his character a lot. Even though it's basically Romeo and Juliet with vampires and werewolves it has enough thats unique about it that it stands on it's own. It's so set up for a sequel too. 3/4 stars for me as well.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Yea it was a cool flick. I am trying to figure out who were all the actors were and what else they played in like Lucien and Victor. It was funny that some folks didn't know what had happened right at the very end. But I did.......
    Also wasn't he the next one to rule??
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Scruff- Yeah, question about that. Am i to assume that the wolf blood that leaked into him caused him to die? cos that's sure what it looked like. So, i take it that Selene (grrrrrrrrrrowl!) and the other dude are set to rule now?
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
    Scruff- Yeah, question about that. Am i to assume that the wolf blood that leaked into him caused him to die? cos that's sure what it looked like. So, i take it that Selene (grrrrrrrrrrowl!) and the other dude are set to rule now?
    the vampire in the underground tomb at the end was a relative of the doctor, if i recall correctly. both of them had a genetic ability to be both werewolf and vampire, and i think at the end, when the vampire's eyes went black meant he was turning into a super vampire/werewolf hybrid, like the doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by derek
    the vampire in the underground tomb at the end was a relative of the doctor, if i recall correctly. both of them had a genetic ability to be both werewolf and vampire, and i think at the end, when the vampire's eyes went black meant he was turning into a super vampire/werewolf hybrid, like the doctor.
    Derek's right. But he's not a relative of the doctor, but a close relative of the original vampiric bloodline. So when he drank of the werewolf blood he become a hybrid. Just look at his eyes turn black, just like Michael's did before he changed. So I assume the next movie will be Hybrid vs. Hybrid.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by JarJarBinks
    Derek's right. But he's not a relative of the doctor, but a close relative of the original vampiric bloodline. So when he drank of the werewolf blood he become a hybrid. Just look at his eyes turn black, just like Michael's did before he changed. So I assume the next movie will be Hybrid vs. Hybrid.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Yes that is exactly what I meant......
    My friends said they didn't catch that the first time around.
    That Vampire in the ground crypt that was absorbing the doctor's lyken blood was of the Corvinus ancestory. Did anybody think they made these vampires out to be wimps? It sure seemed that way except for Victor.

Does anybody remeber the Scooby Doo ep where at the end the Vampires and Werewolves were fighting and they were biting each other and were all becoming half and half.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by scruffziller
    Does anybody remeber the Scooby Doo ep where at the end the Vampires and Werewolves were fighting and they were biting each other and were all becoming half and half.
    Actually, if I recall correctly that was an episode of 'The Real Ghostbusters'. As I remember that one quite well.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by scruffziller
    Did anybody think they made these vampires out to be wimps?
    Well when you put the 2 species up against each other in a straight up fight the werewolves would most likely come out on top because of their physical superiority. Thats why we see the vampires resort to using so much weaponry in their fights. I wouldn't say they were protrayed weak just outmuscled. I thought the vamp with the whips was way cool but in the end what chance do they really stand even with weapons. I do think part of the message of the film though was the fact that they had become overconfident and complacent in their decadent lifestyles so I suppose that could be precieved as being wimpy.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”