Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

A question about Jango, Clones, and Jedi

Ok...

Based on Obi-wan's converstion with Yoda and Mace, JANGO was the template for the Clone Army.

The Jedi know that Dooku is the leader of the Seperatist Army.

When the Jedi Army and Yoda show up on Geonosis, DOOKU and JANGO are together.

If the leader of the Seperatists is hanging out with the template of the Republic Army, wouldn't you find it a bit curious?
    Shop at the SOFA-KING Big Sofa Store

Where the sofas are SOFA-KING big!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthChuckMc
    Ok...

Based on Obi-wan's converstion with Yoda and Mace, JANGO was the template for the Clone Army.

The Jedi know that Dooku is the leader of the Seperatist Army.

When the Jedi Army and Yoda show up on Geonosis, DOOKU and JANGO are together.

If the leader of the Seperatists is hanging out with the template of the Republic Army, wouldn't you find it a bit curious?
    That's a really good point. I never thought about that before actually. But that does remind me of something I've been thinking about lately that kinda addresses the same issue. While I know this could be considered EU, it is part of the Clone Wars multimedia crossover.

In the young adult "Boba Fett" book series (specifically #3 Maze of Deception), Boba tries to get out a dangerous situation by revealing to San Hill's organization that Dooku and Tyranus are the same person. What interests me and relates to the topic is this: the Banking Clan rep whom Boba is speaking to acknowledges a rumor going around that a man named Tyranus commissioned the clone army.

Here is the specific passage

BOBA: "Did you know that a man named Tyranus recruited a bounty hunter named Jango Fett for the Kaminoans to use to create the clone army for the Republic?"

KOS: "I'd heard things like that."

Put that rumor floating around the galaxy together with the fact that Dooku and Jango are together on Geonosis. That should really raise some flags with the Jedi, don't you think?
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Oh man! That's an interesting point, sorta brings Yoda's big scene saving the Jedi bacon on Geonosis into a bit of an odd frame of reference. Or maybe he didn't put 2 and 2 together because he was in such a rush, but at the end of the film his comments about the battle not being a victory are a subtle reference to this (though I am afraid that's not the impression I got at all). And all this is forgiving that the Jedi don't know that Tyranus is Dooku! This feels to me like one of those Millennium Falcon-sized plot holes we hear so much about, tho' maybe it'll be addressed in Ep 3 (I doubt it).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

If ya got em, use em. Alot could of happened in that ten year period. They knew they were supposed to be for the republic and thats who got them. They didnt have time to think about it on Geonosis. Afterwards they might put 2 and 2 together. BUt like I said, if they got control of em, use em for now. Its like finding 100 dollars in TRU. Use it and dont look back
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Yeah...........

I suppose in all the heat of battle Obi never really got a chance to bring that point up to the nessesary parties.

I wonder if it will be addressed some how in the stories to come. Because Yoda went to Kamino and then came back with the army without knowing what was going on with Jango and Dooku.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

would be hard for mace to miss the fact that jango appears to be working both sides of the fence, being dooku's henchman and the genetic host for the clones. could provide several books worth of adventures detailing syfo dias' involvement in the creation of the clones and tyranus obtaining jango as the mold. could either be told at that time or as a mystery as a jedi or padawan tries to unravel the clues of the past with the clone wars raging around them. course GL will hopefully explain more fully in ep 3 and be able to effectively tie the 2 trilogies together.

Ya know Jango was a bounty hunter and could of just done it for the money. It doesnt matter what involvement if any he had at the time. He could of been recruited later on after the initial cloning.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

On the Bridge of my Super Star Destroyer... force-choking incompetent officers!
    It doesn't really matter...since Jango was probably the template for many other clone armies that weren't purchased by the Republic. He doesn't care as long as he gets his money. The Kaminoans probably figured that it would be easiest to get the formula right for one template (customizing the clones however) than to have several donors and trying to customize each.
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

"Join me... and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son"

I think it been missed that both Jango and Dooku and the Republic are being ordered/manipulated by Sidious. Sidious is merely playing the two sides off against each other. By controlling both the Separtists and Republic's forces Sidious is making sure one side wins, ie the side he wants to. Arming both the Seperatists and the Republic so as to escalate the conflict and allow him to seize control in the resulting confusion.

Whether or not the events unfurled as Sidious planned or he merely adapted his plan to the actions isn't clear. But it is clear that Jango works for Dooku who works for Sidious, so essenially its not a surprise that they're together on Geonosis. Plus I think at the end of the film we're supposed to be lead to think that Yoda beleives that they are being manipulated but he doesn't know how or by who.

Okay, first of all it's sepAratists, not sepEratists. sigh.

Anyhow, yeah you're right. The only two people that really should realize anything regarding this on Geonosis are Obi Wan and Yoda. Obi Wan has seen the clones and knows Jango's role with that piece of the puzzle. He also knows full well that Jango is buddies with Dooku.

In the interim, Obi radioed back to the old folks home to let them know where Jango bolted to. It's not likely that any of the Jedi were aware that Dooku was there, which leads to...

...Yoda, who flies in with the Clone Army. The question is, did he happen to have time to notice that Jango was standing next to Dooku? Although, now that I say that, it isn't even likely that Yoda would know Jango from a hole in the ground, so it doesn't matter.

So I guess that it leaves Obi Wan as the only one who would understand the link between Dooku's nefarious plan and the Clone Army, at that particular time of the battle. Not that he could do anything about it anyway.

HOWEVER, after all was said and done and they were back at the firehouse on Coruscant, one would think that Obi would have typed up a quick FYI memo with his concerns about this dubious link between the Clone Army and Dooku, which Palpatine was so keen on getting in the first place. As JT said, Yoda does have misgivings, but the way it plays out onscreen isn't really pointed toward the specifics of this connection, rather more to a more general bad feeling about it all.

As I've said before, much of Palpatine's plans, beginning back in TPM, have come to fruition out of sheer luck. Time after time, his initial plan has either failed (as in trying to get Amidala to sign the treaty) forcing him to go to a plan B, or his plan has relied completely on dumb-luck to bring it to the next stage (as in having Obi Wan discover the Clones and then, out of sheer coincidence, necessitating Yoda to go get the Clone Army to exact a rescue...none of which would have happened had Obi not succeeded in following Jango to the surface of Geonosis.)

Some die-hard fans may think that this is just really good complicated maneuvering, but as Darth Chuck has illustrated, if you put any kind of thought into any of this, it becomes obvious that the emperor has no clothes. Cotton candy has more going for it than this superficial attempt at a plot.