Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Top 50 Best Star Wars Figures Proven!

In the Wave by Wave favorite figure survey, about 20 of us here rated over 700 different qualifying Star Wars figures from the modern line, then ran them off against each other. The TOP 50 best were (ordered only by date of release from most recent to years back):

Coleman Trebor
    Saga Snowtrooper
    Anakin Skywalker (secret ceremony)
    Saga Han Solo Hoth Gear
    Aayla Secura
    Republic Gunship Pilot
    Ephant Mon
    Chewbacca Bespin Escape
    Orm Free Taa
    Yoda (Hanger Duel)
    Dexter Jettster
    Jango Fett with removeable helmet
    Bo Shek
    FX-7
    Lando Calrissian Bespin Escape
    Darth Vader Emperor's Wrath
    Sandtrooper
    Darth Vader Dagobah
    Darth Sidious Hologram
    Mace Windu (Episode One)
    Destroyer Droid (Episde One, non-exploding)
    Darth Maul (original)
    Jorg Sacul
    Red Astromech from Queen's Royal Starship
    AT-AT Commander
    Wedge Antilles
    Tusken Raider from the Bantha Set
    Max Rebo and Doda Bodonaweido
    Darth Vader vs. Obi-Wan Kenobi 2-pack
    Klaatu, Barada, & Nikto
    Deluxe Clone Trooper
    Luke Bacta Tank
    Muftak & Cabe
    The B'Omarr Monk
    CommTech Stormtrooper
    Aunt Beru and blue droid
    AT-AT Driver
    Mara Jade
    Luke Dark Empire
    Darth Vader with Removeable Helmet
    Wicket and Logray
    Luke Bespin
    Gamorrean Guard
    Grand Moff Tarkin
    Snowtrooper
    Bossk
    Sandtrooper
    Leia Boussh Disguise
    TIE Pilot
    Stormtrooper

There were :

33 Classic Figures
    14 Prequel Figures

12 from ANH
    12 from ESB
    9 from ROTJ
    6 from TPM
    8 from AOTC
    3 from Expanded Universe (all Classic EU in this case)

BEST:

Luke Skywalker was either Bepsin, Bacta, or Dark Empire
    Han Solo: was the Hoth Saga figure
    Princess Leia: was Boussh Disguise
    Chewbacca: was Bespin Escape with C-3PO
    Darth Vader: was Removeable Helmet
    Obi-Wan Kenobi: was in the 25th Anniversary 2-pack
    Yoda: was the Hanger Duel with lightsaber
    Lando Calrissian: was Bespin Escape
    Anakin Skywalker: was the Secret Ceremony
    Padme Amidala: was the red Senate Dress
    Mace Windu: was the Episode One figure
    Jango Fett: was the removeable helmet figure
    Darth Maul: was the first one
    Palpatine: Hologram Darth Sidious

Most favored droids included:

Destroyer Droid
    FX-7
    red Astromech from Royal Starship
    B'Omarr Monk
    Aunt Beru's droid

NO FAVORED FIGURES WERE PICKED FOR:

R2-D2
    C-3PO
    young Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Qui-Gon Jinn
    Count Dooku / Darth Tyranus
    JarJar Binks

Imperials with battle armor favored the best of any group.

The Total Top 6 Were:

Gamorrean Guard
    Darth Vader with Removeable Helmet
    FX-7
    Ephant Mon
    Jabba's Skiff Guards: Klaatu, Barada, & Nikto
    The B'Omarr Monk

Some figures might have placed higher than expected due to favorable contests within their respective waves.

Others you might like but don't see listed above may not have made the list because they faced fierce competition in their own case assortment and never made it "out of the box."

I'd be most interested to hear your comments and learn whether all of you think the 20 or so amongst us who chose the best figures did a good job.

Man I wish I could have continued to vote, but my webtv was a hunk of crap! and it is gone! Lets start over Anyways I'm happy with the results. Way to go guys.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

There were some figures I wish were recognized:

Cantina Band Member
    Slave Leia
    Tessek
    Amanaman
    Dr. Evazan (I actually like the original one)
    Wuher
    Lak Sivrak
    Death Star Gunner
    Oola
    Jabba's Dancers
    Sy Snootles
    Droopy McCool

Some of these can hold their own with those that made the Top 50 list.

Some day we can take that top 50 and make nominations for figures new and old and see if any are unseatable.

But yeah, I think we did a really good job at picking the best of the bunch. There isn't a one figure that made that list that was a waste of money, that's for sure!

Some fascinating picks there, but as usual, an overall poll doesnt speak for us all. Alot of figures were great and didnt get picked because they ran up against Ephant Mon and others. But overall, to rate a top 50 individually would be hard. It was a great time and enjoyed it immensely. Thank you Tycho for reliving what has been a truly great run of figures for the most part.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

300th figure Boba Fett

My favourite figure is probably a tie between:

Original Darth Maul

300th Figure Boba Fett

Funny, I don't see this Boba Fett on the list.
    What am I, a Moisture Farmer, an Angry Loner or a Sith Apprentice - I can't keep up!

Thank you for consolidating the list Tycho! I was wondering which figures were at the top. Your work is appreciated!
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Cool list, but saying it's "proven" isn't really accurate. The result of a poll, yes, but not proven. BTW, is this just from POTF2 and on, because there sure aren't that many vintage figs on there...if there were any "Best Of" Star Wars toys list without a vinyl cape Jawa it would be a travesty!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Poopypants
    Cool list, but saying it's "proven" isn't really accurate. The result of a poll, yes, but not proven. BTW, is this just from POTF2 and on, because there sure aren't that many vintage figs on there...if there were any "Best Of" Star Wars toys list without a vinyl cape Jawa it would be a travesty!
    It was a best of by wave starting from POTF-2 and on
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

True, No vintage were looked at for this. It was a modern line poll only. And we didn't get into variations since it would have drawn out forever if we did.

I think I skipped 300th Boba Fett now that I come to think about it. He most likely would have gone up against either Luke Bacta or Jorg Sacul. Any predictions what would have happened? Then against Ephant Mon if he got that far? Ephant Mon and FX-7, and also Vader with Removeable Helmet, were some of the unstoppable favorites.

BTW, The Original Darth Maul did very well, JeffontheGo. He lost his duel with FX-7 though because the droid could hold more lightsabers. But seriously, Maul did go down to the droid's detail and articulation. But I Think I voted for Maul in that semi-final round. He was a great figure.

What about Ep. II Senator Palpatine? That figure couldn't have been a more accurate sculpt of Ian McDirmiad. He was a much better figure than the original Darth Maul. In my opinion, the Darth Maul that came packaged with the Tatooine Sith Speeder is much cooler with the soft goods, more menacingly sculpted spikes, etc. Just my two thoughts!
    Piett
    "Torontogosh! Master Luke inchimini doodoooooo..."