Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cantina Sets?

Cantina Sets?

I heard somewhere that there were going to be additional Cantina sets offered...will they fit with the wal mart exclusives that were out a while ago? It would be cool to build a huge cantina....

anyone know anything about this?

Thanks!

Rumored to come out but no one has picked them up as of yet. The first series flopped hard and Wal-mart had to eat alot of money on them. Poor distribution of them was a big factor. While my area has a ton on clearance right now, other areas never saw them. LMK if you need any of the first wave and I can see if they are still there for you.b
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

The main problem with the first series is there were no new figures. Greedo and Ponda Baba had already been done twice and Hammerhead once. The three in series 2 were to include two more repacked figures in Wuher and Evazan with one new figure of the praying mantis alien.
    I actually love the idea of the bar sets and wish it had worked out. Hopefully if these 3pack screen scenes of jedi council and war room do well we will see a couple each for the cantina and jabba's palace.

The Hasbro Rep at San Diego Comic Con told me that they will release the next wave sometime, so don't buy any that are being scalped for high prices before then.

I still can't believe that Hasbro is sitting on these in some warehouse.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Well they have been produced, they're just waiting for them to be picked up by a retailer. A friend of mine already has a set that he picked up overseas. So in the meantime they probably are just sitting in a warehouse somewhere collecting dust. I'm still upset that they didn't produce a rounded counter piece in one of the sets keeping us from creating a more accurate looking bar.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now dont take this the wrong way but I think youve been holding out on us.

Joker: I dont keep count. Im going to kill everyone in this room.

Time for Hasbro to get off the pot and make these available through the fan club.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Send an email to the fan club suggesting they pick these up. I did. The more nice emails they get about this the more likely they are to aquire them.
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboy
    Well they have been produced, they're just waiting for them to be picked up by a retailer. A friend of mine already has a set that he picked up overseas. So in the meantime they probably are just sitting in a warehouse somewhere collecting dust. I'm still upset that they didn't produce a rounded counter piece in one of the sets keeping us from creating a more accurate looking bar.
    Great idea about the curved bar piece. They could still do that and release it with a new alien. They could even have a series three with three new aliens, two straight bar pieces and one curved one. Just having new aliens would generate a lot of interest in these sets.

I just picked up three more of these (1 of each). They were 99 cents each at my Wal-mart, and I was suckered in.

=MATT=
    * General Disclaimer- I can't spell or type- Deal with it.