X-Men Evolution: Unproduced Beast Figure!!

Most of you guys know that I'm a massive Beast fan. And that I'm also a fan of the Evolution cartoon. And it's a shame the figure line didn't do well enough that it was cancelled before the show really became hot. Because Series IV would have seriously kicked arse. And damn this figure would have been so cool. Sadly the line didn't get the support it needed from the collecting community and it never was produced.

It was planned for Wave IV along with Cyclops (all new), Wolverine (existing but in brown, not orange deco with new accessories), Avalanche and Quicksilver. Sure the series would have gotten another Wolverine, but atleast it only stuck to one per wave. Being such a massive Beast fan, I'm saddened to see that I'll never be able to own this kick arse looking representation of the Evo version of Henry McCoy. Just wanted to share it with you other X-Fans.
    JLofJM EXCLUSIVE- FIRST LOOK: Toy Bizís Unreleased X-Men: Evolutions Beast

*Whew* You may recal last week while answering a readers question about the X-Men Evolution line that I said I was working on a surprise for the next column. Well, here it is!

This one has been a long time coming. Iíve been working on bringing you this exclusive first look at the never released Toy Biz X-men: Evolutions Beast since before Comic Con.

The Beast was to be part of Toy Bizís X-men: Evolution series IV along with: Cyclops (all new), Wolverine (existing but in brown, not orange deco with new accessories), Avalanche and Quicksilver. The only figure sculpted for wave IV was Beast. As you may recall, the X-men: Evolution line figure skipped series IV entirely and went straight from series III to a wave of repaints for Series V. Despite positive fan reaction to the line and a successful animated series retailers did not place enough orders for series III and IV to justify the tooling costs for continuing the line. The line was cancelled after wave III, but the Series V repaints were put into production to finish the line.

This Beast figure is a ď2-upĒ prototype standing roughly 11Ē tall. The Beast figure was sculpted by Phil Ramirez as were most of the heads for the Evolution line. This is a wonderful, on-model representation of the character as he appears on the animated series. This prototype was painted by Eddie Wires. Beast is articulated at the neck, ball-jointed shoulders, elbows, wrists, fingers, waist, hips, knees and ankles. Because this is a prototype and was for display only his hips and shoulders are hot-glued in place. There is a lot of great detail and gesture sculpted into the hands and feet of this figure and you can tell Phil had a lot of fun working on a full figure for the line.

There are currently no plans to revive the X-men: Evolution line, so this figure will always serve as a reminder of what might have been for the line.
    http://www.aftimes.com/aslu/slu.shtml

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	X-E Beast Figure.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	6697   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	X-E Beast Face.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	6698   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	X-E Beast Profile.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	6699   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	X-E Beast vs. ML Beast.jpg 
Views:	335 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	6700  
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

that would have been ultra sweet. i just saw wave 2 or 3 at toysrus for like 1.99 each so being the fan i am, i picked up one of each fig they had. I really wish this and avalanche would have come out.
    Gambit: What's up guys? Tell me, why are you such losers?

Toad: Because the X-Men are winners. It all balances out.

Gambit to Brotherhood
    X-Men Evolution
    Season Three Episode 34

That Beast would have been a great figure. Its too bad we'll never get it.

I remembr how stoked I was then the 1st Beast figure came out in 93-94 and how hard he was to get. Well I lucked out and found one- I loved it! The flipping action he had sucked but it was cool to have Beast!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Man, that's a sweeeeeeeeeeet figure. Too bad the Evolution figures did so badly. (Partly because they released a stupid Spyke figure!) A Evolution Scarlett Witch would've been wicked, too, though I doubt it ever would've happened. Evolution Scarlett Witch so totally would whomp comic version Scarlett Witch over the head with a folding chair!!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The line-ups for the Evo figures actually weren't to bad. They didn't load them down with Wolverine's (only one per wave), but again the problem was that they avoided the main villian figures so the kids really had noone for their X-Men to fight until later waves. Leaving Magneto for Wave III was silly. Though that's understandable at first, he wasn't revealed right away. But Mystique should have been made in the first wave. And Quicksilver and Avalanche should have definatly been made before Blob. And again, the lack of any females but Storm. And no Professor X.

Wave 1: Wolverine, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Toad, and Sabretooth

Wave 2: Ninja Wolverine, Storm, Spyke, and Blob

Wave 3: Battle Ravage Wolverine, Kurt Wagner, Magneto, and Juggernaut

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

So they're still doing it the way that they did it for the original animated series figures eh? I remember you'd see stuff like Wolvierine, Cyclops, some weird characters and Magneto, but took forever to see any sort of Storm, Rogue, Beast and Professor X. Crazy people.

That Beast is pretty cool though, wouldn't of minded picking it up either.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"