Hybrid View

An All Horror Channel

Sci Fi is reporting:
    Cable television entrepreneurs Nick Psaltos and Kim Bangash have enlisted directors Wes Craven, John Carpenter and Tobe Hooper to join the advisory board of the Horror Channel, a proposed network that aims to begin operation on Halloween night 2004, Variety reported. Psaltos and Bangash have made a few formal presentations to potential investors and cable operators. Horror Channel has scared up $750,000 so far, and it hopes to harvest $3 million from the venture-capital community within the next four months, the trade paper reported.

No cable operators have signed up for the Horror Channel yet. Bangash told the trade paper that the network has more than 1,000 U.S. horror movies to draw on for its round-the-clock schedule, as well as another 1,000-plus movies and TV series from abroad.
    Sounds great. Maybe this channel could start airing Tales From The Crypt episodes. A channel like this should of happened awhile ago, just don't turn into a sci fi channel.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Why not? They've been destroying the Sci Fi Channel for over a year now turning it into the Action Channel (or so the rumor goes).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I mean I hope it doesn't go the route the sci fi channel did, but I doubt that since this channel doesn't sound like something you'd be offered with your basic cable channels.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

An all horror channel would be great. Bring it on.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Definitely wouldn't mind it, Cinemax has a channel called "Thriller Max" on Digital Cable but while it shows kinda horror-ish movies occasionally it also shows stuff like Super Troopers. Soo..yea.

If it goes through I hope Cox Cable picks it up.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring on the super cheesy Fright Flicks of Lion Gate films!!!!!!!! (*cough* Midnight Mass)

No but seriously Phantasm, Friday the 13th, Halloween, Elm Street Marathons!!!!!!!
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by James Boba Fettfield View Post
    Sci Fi is reporting: [edit]
    Sounds great. Maybe this channel could start airing Tales From The Crypt episodes. A channel like this should of happened awhile ago, just don't turn into a sci fi channel.
    There's already an all-horror channel-- it's that Fox Reality channel.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I noticed an all horror channel called Chiller has just been added to my DirectTV package in the last week. They were airing old TV series Alfred Hitchcock Presents, Tales from the Crypt, Twin Peaks, and Friday the 13th: The Series. They played The Shining commercial-free, but I'm not sure if it was edited for mature content. Hopefully not.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

That's sweet Ji'dai! I've never heard of that channel before. Looks pretty cool though. I just checked my lineup and of course I don't get that one either.

They play the Friday the 13th series and Freddy's Nightmares. Awesome!!! I'm so jealous.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

There's already an all-horror network. It's called SoapNet. Princess Primrose watches it all the time.

THIS I COMMAND!!
    Tommy, close your eyes.