Thread: Toys R Us Sale

Question Toys R Us Sale

FYI

I guess it's Geoffrey's birthday or something. Don't know how old he is, but I guess in honor of whatever age he is at, Toys R Us is having a big fat sale over it. The banner on the outside said buy two get the third free. When I was there I only found one figure I needed and forgot to ask the cashier so I didn't get to see how this sale applies. If it is buy two of the same thing to get another of the same free I could see how this would be great for getting the four packs or Clone Wars ships.

Anybody else see this at their respective Toys R Us's, if so how'd you fare on anything you may have bought?

I think its only in regards to certain toy lines (i dont believe it includes Star Wars or any other line i collect) because i was at a local one on Sunday and only specific lines had tags near them stating "buy 2 get 1 free."
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

I think kool-aid killer is right. The ad in the Sunday paper (which the stores were also handing out on Sat) didn't have anything about Star Wars in them...But if you need some toys from the Strawberry Shortcake or Zoids line, you are in luck.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

That is about right...TRU has a big sale but does not include SW, LOTR, or MOTU. No really popular lines are on sale. I guess it does not matter because the SW pegs at my TRU are still filled with POTJ and preview figures. I have not found a 2003 figure at TRU yet!
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Yeah it doesn't matter, because my TRU hasn't had a basic figure in 6 months.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

This would explain the commercial they were shooting in my TRU 3 weeks ago which cut off the whole middle of the store (where the Lego set I wanted to get was, natch). It was really weird, They had balloons and the robot giraffe head and were singing to it, and then had a prerecorded Geoffrey voice booming out lines. They did this over and over and over, and I wasn't even there but like 15 minutes. They always shoot their ads at this store, but usually it's not so dang intrusive. To add to that, they were ripping out one of the front sections to add a video department (with some stuff that most folks wouldn't let their kids watch) and had construction going on there so it was right behind the shoot.

Anyway, hit a TRU today and they had no mention of any sale.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I didn't even know about this one. But I guess it doesn't really matter. TRU's been know to put the ones we don't want on sale from time to time. No wonder they're losing business.

They were really promoting the sale here. There was a big banner on the front of the store, they were handing out coupons, and while we were in the store, they gave us an invitation to bring our daughter back this weekend. They were going to have a parade, the giraffe mascot, and other little freebees for the kids.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".