Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Jersey Girl

i just saw the trailer for Jersey Girl, and i think kevin smith has a potential big hit on his hands. though it stars bennifer, it looks like j-lo dies and leaves matt murdock to raise their daughter. it looks like a really nice, sweet(as in sensitive, not cool) movie, and i'm not ashamed to say i got a little teary eyed while watching the trailer....even though smith jipped Springsteen's "Secret Garden" for the trailer....i love the song, but it was already used in jerry mcgwire.

so, for the record, i thought mallrats sucked, loved dogma and jay and silent bob, but am not ben and jen fans, but will definately see this movie.

Derek- I've been lookin' forward to this movie for a while. I personally can't believe he made a PG-13 movie!! Also, i couldn't care less about the Bennifer press and whatnot; this movie is going to be awesome. Where did you see it at?

Also, hated Mallrats?!? Blasphemy!!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

"Hey! It's a boat!!"

"AAAARRRRRRGGHH!!!"

I've been looking forward to this as well, entirely because I've loved all the KS movies so far. I can't stand J-Lo whatsoever, but I can overlook her for this one.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    "Hey! It's a boat!!"

"AAAARRRRRRGGHH!!!"

I've been looking forward to this as well, entirely because I've loved all the KS movies so far. I can't stand J-Lo whatsoever, but I can overlook her for this one.
    "He hasn't heard of LaFlours...(pfft).." ALL OF THOSE MOVIES ARE GREAT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
    Derek- I've been lookin' forward to this movie for a while. I personally can't believe he made a PG-13 movie!! Also, i couldn't care less about the Bennifer press and whatnot; this movie is going to be awesome. Where did you see it at?

Also, hated Mallrats?!? Blasphemy!!!
    here is the link for the trailer. it's in quick time and took forever to load on my PC

http://www.movie-list.com/trailers.php?id=jerseygirl

as for mallrats, i wanted to like it, as i loved smith's last 2 films. i saw dogma and J&SBSB first and then rented mall rats, and i just found it stupid and not funny at all. it was apparent smith's writing improved 1000% from mallrats to dogma, in my opinion.

*EDIT*

dag-nabbit!!! the trailer has already been removed! but there is a link to the movie site and it says the trailer is coming soon. if the movie is as good as the trailer, smith will have his first big hit. it's too bad jay and silent bob can't make a cameo though.

Sorry- just got to throw my vote in for Mallrats- you gotta watch it many times, and be a child of the 80's like KS. Jason Lee just rules.

So here is my Thumbs up Wolvie Bezerk Style- Bikity Bam!

As for Jersey Girl- I wanted to see it, but now I"m sick of the Ben and Jen stuff and may just with for the video.

=MATT=
    * General Disclaimer- I can't spell or type- Deal with it.

Mr Miller- no, dammit!! This is the kind of talk that the film does NOT need. Its' going to be a great film, trust me!!! Smith won't let us down!!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I have faith in all things K-Smith, but I'm just not excited about this like I once was. Stupid media oversaturation.

=MATT=
    * General Disclaimer- I can't spell or type- Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    "Hey! It's a boat!!"

"AAAARRRRRRGGHH!!!"

Are you talking about J-Lo's caboose? I mean that Butt is a boat. BTW, I saw a story on the entertainment news that Bennifer are back together. I give it 2 weeks.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I'm eagerly looking forward to this movie, as I'm a huge fan of Kevin Smith's movies. It's a shame we won't see anymore Jay & Silent Bob movies. But it's good to see KS branching out into something different. And there is the Animated Clerks movie that's in the pipeline.

As for Mallrats, I like it. It would have been so much better if the studio hadn't tried to reign KS in from doing what Smith does best. Sure his films are foul mouthed, and full of dirty jokes. But damn there's some good writing behind them. Chasing Amy is a wonderful example of what Smith can do with a more serious film.

I wish they would use Kevin's script for Superman Lives. After reading the treatment it would have atleast stuck to the classic Supes character. But alas, they'd rather destroy the Superman character with something else. And if you're a fan of Kevin Smith, make sure to grab the 'An Evening with Kevin Smith' 2-Disc DVD set.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.