Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

R5-D4 Figure for Episode II!!

We all know that the originally planned R5-D4 figure for the final wave of POTJ figures was cancelled and changed to R4-M9. Looks like the reason why is right infront of our faces.

R5-D4, according to the official site will be in Episode 2. No information as to what his role is. Possibly a Jedi astromech droid, or maybe he comes into play on Tatooine.

Here is a link to his Bio on the Official site, notice that the list at the top for what movies that he appears in, that Episodes II and IV are both lighted.

R5-D4's Databank File

Looks like, hopefully....we will get both the cool new R4-M9 as well as a more accurate version of R5-D4 as well.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Oh man, if this has anything to do with R5 getting midis into his system and then becoming force sensitive, thus knowing R2's importance in ANH, Stillakid's gonna go insane.

For once I'll agree with him on this, if this turns out to be the case.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Ah yes, the Skippy the Jedi Droid story from Star Wars Tales.

Well, since Lucas already voided Boba Fetts origins from Tales from Jabba's Palace, I rather doubt that he has R5-D4 becoming Skippy the Jedi Droid. We all know Lucas makes some, rather odd choices sometimes....but I really rather doubt that he's gonna follow another authors storyline.

Until May 16th 2002 though, let us pray.....just in case.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Theforce.net said he might pop up in Wattos Shop Which would be interesting
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

It'd be funny if R5-D4 had been sitting in that sandcrawler for the entire span of time between Ep2 and 4.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

It'd be even funnier if he was owned by Cliegg lars How'd Lucas pass that one off? It's likely he could be in Watto's shop or the sandcrawler scene we got a glimpse of in the trailer.

Who care as long as we get a new R5-D4.....

Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
    Who care as long as we get a new R5-D4.....
    But it'll be an episode 2 version and NOT A ANH one
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Originally posted by GNT
    But it'll be an episode 2 version and NOT A ANH one
    Yeah, but look at the incredible differences between the E1 R2-D2 and him from the original Trilogy. I doubt that it really will matter whether its a E2 R5-D4 or an ANH R5-D4. And if it does, knowing Hasbo, in a couple years...they can re-sculpt him again.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Maybe R5 plays Anakin's droid? Think about it, Obi-Wan has a starfighter that needs a droid, and Anakin has his own starfighter, it will most likely need a droid. He could trade R5 to the jawas in that one scene for information on Tusken whereabouts. Ok, nevermind, before my post gets moved to the spoiler section, I'll comment on the figure. Hopefully it have a corrected head, and R2-Q5/R2 w/ Leia body mold. I just hope it doesn't have like "special clone killing guns" or "super duper proton torpedo that fires out of it's butt when it goes to it's playing dead defense because it can't move that well due to the bridge on it's side legs!" Who knows, maybe it'll be from Naboo or Jabba's Palace, only time shall tell, and I can't wait! I just hope this time he doesn't blow anything up, wether purposeful or accidental.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I think LTBasker was on to something about R5 having a logical tie-in.

I'm not sure what it will be, but I do think that R5 and R2D2 will be friends, hence why R5 purposely blew his motivator so that Uncle Owen and Luke would take R2.

That's getting kind of detailed into what ties in to the original trilogy - and I hope not everything does, or Captain Typho will be Lando's long-lost relative, etc. etc.

(But I think Han is still possibly a lost clone warrior -we'll know if I'm right in 3 years).