sorry for the off-topic post, but....

...we just got sci-fi channel added to our expanded basic service, and I'm wondering what shows folks here think are good. I know about x-files and t-zone, etc. I'm mostly wondering about any lesser-known titles.
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Quote Originally Posted by SWAFMAN
    ...we just got sci-fi channel added to our expanded basic service, and I'm wondering what shows folks here think are good. I know about x-files and t-zone, etc. I'm mostly wondering about any lesser-known titles.
    I haven't had Sci-Fi in a long time, but when I watched it- these were the shows I watched and why:

-The Invisible Man- Pretty good writing and decent effects :-)
    -Lexx- Uh...just 'cause it rhymes with...well...you know...^_^
    -Babylon 5- Do I have to explain?

And the BEST shows:

-Stargate SG-1- Because after a while, it DOES get really good :-)

And...if they are showing re-runs...

-Farscape. The best Sci-Fi to hit TV since Star Trek: TNG. Check it out whenever and however you can. And don't be turned off if it's an eppy you don't get- try it anyway

May as well keep the theme of this thread alive...

From Here to Obscurity

Was just watching Trek TOS on Sci-Fi Channel: Episode "Dagger of the Mind"

Is this a commonly-known trivia tidbit?....

The hottie doctor, "Helen Noel" who Bones assigns when Kirk requests someone with "Penology" experience (gotta love ol' Bones' subtle wit with that one), is General Norman Schwarzkopf's cousin.

(she's also been a teacher at a London acting studio started by Lee Strasberg)
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Not commonly-known enough, I've never heard that one before.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

the 3 most unpopular people in America...

...well, maybe just Chicago
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CubsMoron3.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	6856  
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Here's what I love, this guy's a goat because he was trying to catch the ball that was coming into the stands and just happened to be over Alou's glove (which he didn't even know was there) yet the other clowns in every seat next to him trying to do the exact same thing aren't goats, and heaven forbid the Cubbie's be considered the real goats since they totally handed the series away! I've said it before and I'll say it again: people are morons.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JT - I agree with you about the other fans who also were reaching for the ball, and the way this guy's been made a scape-goatboy in the press & minds of many fans. I posted the pic as comment on the phenomena around his action, not as an endorsement of the opinion that he was the reason the cubbies lost the pennant.

Teeska Mon Eebon - Yes, thanks! I have caught this show on the weekends twice already & loved it. They remind me of a comedy group called the L.A. Connection who used to do this same gimmick many years ago (they may still be doing it, for all I know).
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Swaffy, I didn't say you did, I was merely commenting on how so many folks blame this guy for something ANYBODY in that seat would have done.