Orsen Welles' Batman

I just read an article on www.comicbookresources.com about how back in the 40's, after Welles' finished with Citizen Kane that he considered doing the first Batman movie. He even went as far as to casting the villians and drew up designs for the costume. The villians were The Riddler, The Joker, Two-Face and Catwoman. The movie was to begin with Bruce Wayne's parents murder and end with Batman unmasked fighting against the villians in a prison they have taken over. It was suppose to be an adult drama, kinda like Tim Burtons first Batman. Think about how cool that would have been. A Citizen Kane like Batman. I think that would definitely be the best Batman ever made. It was abandoned in the end when the studio would not allow Welles to be Batman in it so he walked away from the project.
    Ah, good...here comes the Air Force with those new round planes.

Sounds like a good tale, but I don't buy it. While Joker and Catwoman were introduced in '40, Two-face wasn't introduced until '42 (well after "Kane" had hit theaters in May of '41), and the Riddler wasn't until '48. Yet Scarecrow, Clayface, and Penguin all came out before Two-Face and aren't mentioned.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It would have been awsome to have a Batman movie by Welles !

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

That would've been very very interested indeed. Hell, Orson could've played the part of the Penguin; he was a good size for it.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Hmm... citizen Kane.. Bob Kane.....

Wasn't Orson Welles in I Love Lucy? Erm, he was kinda.. him as Batman? noooo >_< Adam West's gut was bad enough. The story sounds like it would've been really good though.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Orson Welles didn't get fat until the '50s.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

My GOD, that would've been frikkin' AWESOME
    Ol' Orson would've even made an excellent Batman, at that (he had the perfect voice for the part, by the way). Of course, I also tend to highly doubt at least part of this info due to the inclusion of the later characters as mentioned by JediTricks.
    Also right is that Orson Welles was actually quite physically fit during those days.