Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Attakus statues

Attakus statues

anyone have any of these? how tall are they? what are they made of? that new padme sure looks nice. :happy:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	29591_10637795482.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	6734  

derek: The statues are made of cold cast porcelain and vary in height depending on the character but the Padme statue is 14 inches tall.

I'm interested in these as well but haven't quite made up my mind whether I'm ready to invest in such an expensive item without getting some feedback from someone first. The statue I'm considering getting is the Emperor in his throne room chair but at $350 I'm being cautious. He sure looks incredible though.

Name:	Emperor Palpatine.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	6736  
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

I don't have any myself yet. Some of them do look amazing. I really like the Darth Vader, Stormtrooper and Carbonite Han statues.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Yeah, and I believe the Jabba was going for over a grand, but the slave Leia was supposed to fit in there, providing you have enough disposable cash for both. I really wanted the Stormtrooper, but I'll have to deal with the Gentle Giant mini busts for now. A little more in my price range.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Re: Attakus statues

Well its been almost a year since anyone has posted in this thread and even though I never did buy that Emperor statue I eventually picked up Darth Maul, the Clone Trooper and a Jawa. I'm hoping to obtain R2-D2, Jango Fett and the Royal Guard at some point but I'm waiting for the right deal since these are pretty expensive.

So has anybody else picked up any Attakus pieces? The 3 I have I consider to be the nicest pieces in my collection and I think they're really a step above the rest, though I think Sideshow is going to give them a run for their money with the 1/4 scale statues they're doing. The paint jobs on these statues are really the best I've ever seen though. The only complaint I have about Attakus is that the likeness on most of their human sculpts look off. I've read this has something to do with them being artist's interpretations but if I'm dropping that much coin I want the characters to look as much like the actors who played them as possible. Thats why I never purchased the Emperor even though I love the overall look of the statue.

Attakus has some pretty sweet characters planned for the future. Here is a list of what they have planned, all of which I think are great choices:

-Bib Fortuna
    -Gamorrean Guard
    -Luke Skywalker: Jedi Knight
    -Oola
    -Imperial Probe Droid
    -Sandtrooper
    -TIE Fighter Pilot
    -Tusken Raider
    -Wicket

The Tusken Raider and Wicket are coming next. I think they both look amazing and I'm planning on getting both. Tusken Radier pics attached.

Name:	tusken-raider2.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	12348   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tusken-raider3.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	12349   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tusken-raider4.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	12350   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tusken-raiderAA.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	23.8 KB 
ID:	12351  
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

And here is Wicket.

Name:	wicket1.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	12352   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wicket2.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	12353   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wicket3.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	12354   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wicket4.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	12355   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wicket5.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	12356  

The detail is great on that Tuskin and Wicket. I actually dont own ANY Attakus statues. I wouldnt mind getting Emperor Palpatine or Yoda (1st version). I suppose I never got into them because the detail want that good at first.

I purchased the Attakus Stormtrooper when it was first relesed a few years back and i was in awe at the size and detail of the piece. It was very well packaged BUT i noticed a hair line crack on the knee guard as that part obviously sticks out. I was dissapointed at first but i wont be selling this piece so i've learned to live with it. I'll deffinatly be getting the Sandtrooper, though i've not seen any pictures or even prototype pictures.

PS; has anyone seen the metal figures there bringing out. The death star dock scene with a half section millenium falcon diarama. I've seen it on preorder for around $450 each piece (the whole diarama is 2 pieces) and the figures are seperate and cost around $86. theres 4 differant stormtroopers but at $86 for what looks like a 4 inch figure is WAY too much.....What do you guys think.

I saw them at C3 Davin. They look pretty cool. The metal figures dont do it for me. $86 for a metal 4" figure seems a little high.

I was looking at some detailed pictures of the Attakus Emperor Hellboy, I'm more tempted to get one. But I'm hoping that Gentle Giant will come out with one (you know that will look awesome) and the $ will be less.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn
    I was looking at some detailed pictures of the Attakus Emperor Hellboy, I'm more tempted to get one. But I'm hoping that Gentle Giant will come out with one (you know that will look awesome) and the $ will be less.
    The Emperor does look great sitting in his throne and the detail is amazing but I can't get past the face looking absolutely nothing like Ian McDiarmid.

That would be cool if GG decided to do Palpatine, and I'd most likely buy one but I much prefer Attakus' 1/5 scale to GG's 1/6. I really didn't have an appreciation for the difference until I saw my first Attakus piece in person and from that point on I was sold on why they cost as much as they do. As much as I love GG Attakus blows them away in the paint, scale and detail department but GG has the edge with their human likenesses due to their facial scanning process.

Name:	Emperor.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	12377