Thread: ReBoot Cartoon

ReBoot Cartoon

I did a search for ReBoot on this part of the forums, and I can't believe I got no results. What did others here think of this cartoon? and is anyone upset by the fact that we'll likely never get more episodes due to changes made at Mainframe Entertainment?

This cartoon had the most unique concept I've ever seen, and almost every episode that wasn't rolling-on-the-floor hysterical was exciting or offered at least something that was awesome. It always had tons of crazy references, like in The Episode with No Name (my favorite), which had a little city inspired by Mos Eisley, complete with Stormtroopers and a cantina with a crazy band. That same episode referenced The Last Starfighter (Gun: death blossom mode!), The Six Million Dollar Man, and any number of other genre and non-genre sources.

My friends and I were absolutely ecstatic when "Season IV" was announced, and we were quite pleased with what they had of the conflict with Daemon, however, we did have our problems. We were unhappy seeing the conflict with Daemon end so quickly. "Season IV" (and I put quotation marks around that, because Reboot: Daemon Rising and My Two Bobs were two movies, which were seperated into smaller episodes referred to as the fourth season) went eight total episodes and the first four of those dealt with the super chron virus Daemon and her attempts to spread "The Word" around the net, and the second four dealt with a second Bob who shows up, and at first is apparently a copy of our good Guardian 452, aka Bob. These last four episodes were probably the four weakest episodes of the entire series, and they only added a little backstory to the Matrix family, Enzo and Dot. I would have much rather all eight episodes show the conflict with Daemon, which was a far superior story, and was not done service by comprising only four small episodes (the build up to Daemon was at least a season and a half long). We were also extremely unhappy My Two Bobs ended on a cliffhanger, because of course that means we'll never get even that story finished for us.

Anyway, guardians; keytools; systems; Wizards, Warriors, and a Word From Our Sponsors were all good things, and I definitely miss this show. Anyone else?
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

I used to like this cartoon when they aired it on ABC (channel 7), unfortunately Disney bought ABC and took it off to put on their crappy shows. The last Episose I saw had Bob working with Hexadecimal and Megabyte in trying tpo stop something that would destroy their world. Bob was betrayed and sent somewhere outside the mainframe, but Enzo grabbed Bob's badge and said "Reboot", indicating he would take over where Bob left off. I never knew until sometime later that it continued on cable. Too bad I don't have cable. I really liked this cartoon. Maybe they'll release it on DVD.

JIm

I liked the cartoon. It was well done and very cleaver. A lot more interesting than some of the garbage that shows up as cartoons -- *cough* Yu-Gi-Oh *cough*.

I liked Extreme Ghostbusters as well. The title was lame ("Extreme" -- please...) but the show was well done. For a sequel show is was not dumbed down for children.
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000

One of the few Sat AM cartoons I really watched fervently (that and the Mr. Bumpy one). Remember the X-Files spoof with Fax Modem and Data Nully? I was disappointed when it suddenly was taken off the air. I wish they would make some DVDs of the show.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I dont recall specific episodes of this cartoon but do remember seeing it. It wasnt my favorite but compared to many other cartoons that are on the air right now i feel its superior. Im just so tired of all this redundant (at least it seems so to me) anime crap thats on the tube. My favorite character on Reboot was the dog, he was too cool.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

They have DVDs for seasons one through three, but they don't seem to have DVDs for season four, which sucks because a power outage prevented my VCR from taping episode 4.3, which wa apparently excellent.

I'm glad you brought up the point about anime. There are some really good anime programs out there (I'm probably in the minority, but my favorite anime ever is Tenchi Muyo, the original OAVs), but American TV execs have gone too far. They seem to mistakenly think those really good animes did well purely because they're anime, so their grand idea for increasing ratings is to drag out anything anime despite how much it might suck horribly.

Cartoon Network is going to get me to watch their channel for the few minutes Clone Wars cartoons air, but they get me for an additional thirty minutes every time they aired ReBoot.

The dog, Frisket, was awesome, especially in the episode I mentioned above (The Episode With no Name). What a badass!

I really wish I could remember specific quotes from the X-Files spoof, Trust No One. I seem to remember Fax Modem (I like to think they wrote the entire episode around this name) having at least one hilarious Mulder-style rant. That episode was also the first to introduce Turbo, the Prime Guardian, and Mouse.

I get to drag out an almost four year old thread. ReBoot, in some strange iteration is back:

http://alpha.zeros2heroes.com/content/view/32/73/

This could be really cool, or it could always suck. I'm going to be there on the 26th to check it out either way. It's a shame Tony Jay died, so no Megabyte.

Reboot was cool. for computer generated kids tv it was one of the better attempts. uk kids tv is pretty dire so reboot was refreshingly different.