Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The REAL Micro Machines!

Hi.

Anybody else bothered whenever toy lists back in 2002 read NEW
    SW MICRO MACHINES and then turned out to be ACTION FLEET ships (especially if they are only simply rehashes)?

When was the last time we saw some SW Micro Machines...2000!
    This line started Galoobs major success. This line re-introduced
    SW in the early 90s.

I think the AF line stole the general attention to the real Micro Machines line. Don´t get me wrong, I LOVE Action Fleet ships but I prefer MMs.
    In late 2001 Hasbro said we´d get new Micro Machines and we got Action Fleet ships without mini figs. Does Hasbro even know what Micro Machines are?
    We need PT ships. Big H should copy Galoob´s style
    by making three packs and figure sets again. As well as some quality playsets.
    Ep 1 had the Theed Palace which was great! As was the Royal Starship repair. We got only a few important things from Ep 1
    since Hasbro mostly released rather unimportant stuff like the Pod Racer Hangar.

With Andy leading the MM devision (he´s better than Jim Fong for sure......NOT) our hopes seem to be doomed of getting new ones. Just look at what got released this year. Cheap MM garbage. Only racecars and war toys. Where are the theme packs
    like the 50s drive in and all the others?
    This line once again seems to be doomed.

So anyway. who of you likes Micro Machines more than Action Fleet?
    If so, why?
    [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue] "You haven´t LEARNED anything, Anakin!"
    -Obi Wan Kenobi (AOTC´s Forbidden Love trailer)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal]Bashing the Prequels is like bashing sex.[/COLOR]

I know VT does, he's said the same things about this issue. I actually think Andy may surprise us now that he's not tied down to the Star Wars brand, but there are a LOT of hurdles at Hasbro.

Personally, I dig AF more than MM but I like all of Galoob's lines and wish they hadn't been bought by Hasbro at all, then we'd have some great AF, DCs, and MMs from Ep 2.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

i got into galoob toys originally by buying action fleet vehicles for my son. as the years went on, i began to collect all the galoob product lines. my favorite without a doubt is micro machines. i love mm's for their use of color palettes, and that they are sized just right to permit a mass collection to exist without taking up too much space.

the mm size made it possible for galoob to make tons of sci-fi ships which otherwise would have never been made into toys
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

Agree!

Hasbro wouldn´t even have to put as much work behind producing new ships and figures as Galoob had to in the old days.

While Galoob had to sculp them and the downscale ´em
    Hasbro could simple use their Realscan technology and scan in ILM´s marquettes and downscale them. After that they would only have to do small changes on the sculp.

For mini-figures they could also use the same technology.
    Hire some guys from Hasbro to dress up complete with toy guns or even wodden stick as lightsabres and realscan them in funky poses.

Not only could they use the scanned data for MM but for DIE-Cast and Action Fleet at the same time making it cheaper.

Please read this, Mr.ANDY, Sir!

But will Hoover put any legitimate effort into any sci-fi toy other than the SW 3.75" figures, and their vehicles / accessories? Is there a mindset in that division of Hoover that any other product only takes away from potential sales of the figures line?

What is Hoover's profit margin and average net profit per unit on the figures and related products vs. the potential profit margin and net profit per unit on AF, MM or any other lines, provided those other lines were designed, mangaged and distributed Responsibly?
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Thumbs up jt: "I know VT does"

-you can Say That Again jt (note: last pic's lower-right corner can be clicked & dragged for enlargement)

....speaking of X-Rays:

Were the TIE-Bomber and the B-Wing tailenders of the line? Got them both last weekend for eight bucks together.

I´m still waiting for my mini heads (the last three sets) to arrive in my mail.... there are 30 different, all loose. Are these worth 30 U$D?

P.S.: I know these two lines can be combined in one subthread.

the tie bomber and b-wing are indeed tailenders of the x-ray set.

sicqnus has a great site dedicated to the x-rays here

for a complete listing of the mini-heads, head on over to r2dee2's site to get the full scoop on em.

$30.00 for a complete set of loose mini-heads is definately a reasonable price to pay. some of the sets, particularly set VII (that set was and is the only way to get the snowtrooper mini head), which was never released in the u.s.a.
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

Quote Originally Posted by vulcantouch
    -you can Say That Again jt (note: last pic's lower-right corner can be clicked & dragged for enlargement)
    Series Alpha vehicles are NOT true Micro Machines!

I can't click-n-drag anything here, dunno what you speak of.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.