Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    That's what I want to hear Chux, with the age discrepancies and all. Keep up the good work, you'll be writing this picture in no time!

Wolverine will be a Prequel

Looks like Wolverine is going to be a Prequel afterall. This was reported over at SHH:

Rothman Confirms Wolverine is a Prequel
    Source: IESB.net, Diamond Comics
    March 20, 2006

With Hugh Jackman hinting to Entertainment Weekly that the Wolverine spinoff movie will be a prequel, IESB.net got confirmation from Fox Film Group President Tom Rothman, who said it is indeed.

Also, Hugh Jackman recently alluded that the Wolverine spin off film may be a prequel, how accurate is that? Although he says he will get in trouble if he tells, just between him and her, yes it's a prequel, and that's a scoop!
    http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=4004
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

I just watched the character introductions that played last night during the Fox showing of X2. I've been ignoring all of the comments about the wire work so far, but it's entirely possible I can't ignore it anymore. Hercules and Xena had better wire work and it was used for campy comedic effect. Beast didn't jump; he was clearly flying through the air. I think the wire work is going to pull me out of the movie faster than it pulls characters in this movie through physics-defying, nonballistic trajectories.

That said, it'll be nice to see Colossus, though I'm hoping for a Russian accent, and I can't help but notice Iceman is horning in on his girl.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Any Wolverine movie they make needs to bring back Sabertooth. It's bad enough they didn't bring him back for X-3 (even Toad got at least a cameo), but he is extremely important to the Wolverine storyline.

Over on SWC, someone said that Sabertooth was killed in one of the between movie tie-in comics.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I don't know if a comic death would stop them from using ol' Tooth in a new movie...even if it was a tie-in. It sounds like this could be a prequel anyhow, and Sabretooth does play a HUGE role in Wolverine's history. I'd love to see some of the covert ops/military flashbacks from their past time together.

Well according to the back of the box, Sabertooth is alive in the new X-Men 3 tie-in video game.

Found something interesting about Angel in X-Men 3 also:
    SPOILER WARNING

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]After he failed to make the cut in the first two X-Men films, Angel will finally appear in X-Men: The Last Stand. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]However, despite what some published images might indicate, he won't be a costumed member of the squad. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ben Foster, who plays Angel, acknowledged he was photographed in a black X-Men outfit, but that's as far as it went.
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"I was never filmed, but I wore it a lot in fittings," Foster said. "We got a photo of it and that's as good as it¹s going to get in this movie.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
    http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori.../benfoster.htm[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
    DOMINATE!

Went to the midnight showing.
    Wow!

SPOILERS BELOW

Mu initial thoughts on the movie while it's still pretty fresh.

The Good:

The no holding back attitude - Rogue, Magento, and Mystique ( ) being cured? Whoa...

Beast - Quite well done, in both character and action. Very little of his fighting looked like wirework to me and I had my doubts about Kelsey Grammer, but he was great.

Iceman - Finally he does more that chill things - he turned into ICEman!

The Juggernaut - that line alone was worth the price of admission.

The opening scene with the young Xavier and Magento. Nice work on the effects there.

Fastball Special - times two!

The Bad:

The death of Scott Summers. This is a guy who is supossed to be a leader. In this movie he has a few pathetic minutes of screen time which are wasted on his brooding. He sees Jean come back only to be killed by her seconds later? WTF? Talk about wasting an opportunity to really make something of a character. And after Logan finds Scott's glasses it seems that everyone forgets about Scott - it's like his disappearance was an afterthought to the team.

The Death of Xavier. I understood why it happened and why Jean did it, but it just felt like an excuse to shock the audience by killing him. With Xavier and Scott it almost feels like they realized they had too many characters and needed to get rid of a couple quickly.

Storm - sure, she had an expanded role, but she still didn't have very much to do in the movie. Not much more emphasis was put into developing her character.

Over-promoted characters with too little screen time - Collossus somes to mind right away. I would have loved to see him tangle with Juggernaut, even for a few seconds.

If this truly was the last X-Men movie, then why leave it so open for another with the way they showed Magneto and Xavier at the end?

The Sentinel - Where the F*** was the rest of it???
    DOMINATE!

I won't dive nito it much as i know it won't get read much, but I really loved the flick. I'm not sure how i feel about Angel getting little to no screen time (he isn't really useful until he gets metal wings anyway) and Rogue being cured was alright as she didn't do much during any of the flicks anyway.

and i don't know what to think about Xavier's new body and Magneto's powers slowly returning. Why did they do that if this is the last flick?

Overall, i enjoyed the film a lot and it was a great way to end the series.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

It was a'ight. I really hated everything that had to do with Phoenix. I'm not opposed to change, and I know they couldn't really do the same story from the comics... but it could have been better. The Phoenix plot in X3 is a shadow of what could have been.

Cyclops - Is he really dead? I thought it was kinda ambiguous. Sure there was the grave, but that doesn't mean they found a body. Now we have what happened to Xavier, but that doesn't mean that's what happened to Scott. And besides, this is Marvel we're talking about! They kill off characters and bring them back just for fun.

Everything else plotwise was ok, but kinda simple. Character development jumped all over the place.

At the end of X2 it was kinda indicated the Proffessor X knew that Jean was still alive, but at the beginning of X3 its like he forgot. I really wish the movie had gone down this way: Remove the Phoenix plot entirely, save it for the next movie. Send Cyclops and Nightcrawler back to Alkali lake to investigate what Xavier was feeling at the end of X2 (thus explaining Kurt's absence and getting Scott out of the way without killing him off.) Expand on the cure plot. Bigger roles for Angel and Collossus. I could go on for awhile, but mainly this is what I would have liked to see.

I really wish they would not have rushed this into production so it could be out before Singer's Superman, it really hurt the movie in my opinion. I think Ratner did fine directing, he just wasn't allowed the time get the movie to match its potential.