Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    I thought Jada Pinket-Smith did a good job in the Matrix films but IMO she just doesn't match the physical characteristics of Storm. I remember being disappointed when Halle Berry was cast because I really wanted Angela Bassett to get the part but realistically they should just write the character out of future storylines rather than replace her with another actress. In the comics team members come and go all the time so it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for her to be absent in future installments.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

yeah, you're right Hellboy, Angela Bassett would've made one arse kickin' Oroe Monroe in my opinion.

I can't wait for X3- it seems that, in my opinion, each film in the series just gets better and more in depth than it's predecessor. I trust that Singer & Co won't let us down when it comes to the Phoenix saga.

I REALLY REALLy want to see some short of a showdown w/ Iceman and Pyro as well; that would be tops! cheers!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Some intresting news about X3, and the possibility that X3 and X4 could be filmed back to back to present a larger storyline then one movie could. Sounds intresting, and hooray for Beast being finally included.
    Late last night a scoop rolled in from an anonymous user telling us what the premise for X-MEN 3 was to be. Needless to say, we were skeptical.

The user told us that they had read it all in the next issue of Wizard, a magazine devoted to following the comic book industry. Since the new issue wasn't released to stores yet, we did some checking and managed to verify that a whole slew of new X-MEN movie information will indeed be appearing in the next issue of Wizard, including quotes from director Bryan Singer, producer Lauren Shuler-Donner and X2 scribe Michael Dougherty.

Among the facts dropped in the mag are: the idea by Singer is to shoot X-MEN 3 and X-MEN 4 at the same time; how many primary characters are currently in the X3 treatment (which includes Beast); which actors are likely to reappear in the second sequel; other filmmakers that Singer has been meeting with regarding the latest breakthroughs in filmmaking technology; and spinoff movies using Wolverine and other X-Men characters.

Perhaps the biggest news is the revelation of what the general theme of X-MEN 3 will be about -- or is, at least at this early stage of the game. According to Singer, the idea behind X3 is what would happen if humans and mutants went up against evolution itself.
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Re: 'X-3' & 'Wolverine: The Movie' News!!

Hey look there IS an x3 thread...
    Up against evolution you say? For some reason that reminded me of the recent comic story line where jean had to snip time or something.. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.
    I really hope neither of these X3 or X4 envolve outer space or the Shiar....
    Your signature here!

In a perfect world I would love to see a story that resembled the "Mutant Massacre" storyline that ran through Uncanny X-Men #'s 210-213 back in the 80's. Seeing the X-Men take on a group of mutant assassins determined to wipe out a band of mutants living in seclusion under the streets of Manhattan (the Morlocks) would make for some intense on-screen action.

Sentinels would be cool too though but like THE Slayer said no Shi'ar and I'd add no Dark Phoenix Saga either, even though I love that storyline.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

PUKE AND BARF!!! Just saw this on IMDB, pretty much ruins my interest in X3...

Berry Returns to 'X-Men' for Bigger Role
    Halle Berry only agreed to star in the second X-Men sequel after studio bosses agreed to give her a bigger role in the forthcoming movie. The Oscar-winner was reluctant to reprise her role as Storm in X-Men 3 - but producer Lauren Shuler convinced her by boosting her character's involvement. Schuler says, "I love working with her. We would only write a huge role for her, so she's right in that respect. We would make sure that would happen." Hugh Jackman, Rebecca Romijn-Stamos and Famke Janssen are also expected to reprise their roles in film, set to begin shooting next year.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'll keep some of my faith still.. The first two flicks came out pretty good
    Although I could have done without Hally...
    Your signature here!

And Halle "Egomaniac" Berry drops out again. Good Riddence!
    Halle storms off

Halle Berry will not be back for a third X-Men movie because her character, Storm, isn't going to be in it enough. The sexy star apparently sees no reason to go back to playing the sidekick when she's just played the superhero star in Batman spin-off Catwoman. 'Halle was ready to do X-Men 3, but only if Storm was given more storyline,' says our source. 'But the studio sees the third movie as a means to wrap up the trilogy, and that means Storm won't be featured more than Hugh Jackman's Wolverine. Halle has now passed on the third movie because she's not into bit-parts. She's an Oscar winner and she wants roles that test her.' Producers are now looking to singer and actress Christina Milian as a possible replacement.'
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 07-03-2004 at 09:00 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I think the girl from Men in Black would be a good replacement for her.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

What a joke! She [Halle] wants roles that test her -- like Catwoman! I'm sure she'll have a long career reprising her role in that series. Yeah, right!

She did make for a hot storm, but didn't bring much else to the part.
    How did she win an oscar, again? Halle Berry has nowhere near the acting abilities of Patrick Stewart, Hugh Jackman, Ian McKellan, or any of the others.
    My hopes for X3 have certainly increased with this news.