Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 303637383940
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Don't tempt me. I paid for JT's ticket to watch the first Transformers movie in 2007.

And don't say I kidnapped you and made you watch it. Halley wanted to see it and we would have missed the start of the show had we dropped you off after dinner.
    Which is literally the only reason I went with you guys, I didn't want to be rude and make you miss the first part of the movie. Don't pretend I wanted to go.

Hmmmm. Reminds me, there will be a Transformers film in theaters around the time of Comic Con THIS YEAR, too.
    Maybe I can make it through SDCC without having seen it though. I have a knife and a large wrench in my car, I will defend myself against all Bay attacks!

As for Badgerine, I have no desire to see it ever.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Maybe I can make it through SDCC without having seen it though. I have a knife and a large wrench in my car, I will defend myself against all Bay attacks!
    As will I!

***[Key theme music to Jaws and begin to see shadowy sillouette of large semi-truck moving in the darkness.]***

Did I just hear the faintest hint of someone playing a Stan Bush song in the background, too? Nah. That was probably a sample from Linkin Park.

Don't push me Tycho, I know where they put your new kidney.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The newest X-Men film, Days of Future past, mixes in some of the previous X films (especially Wolverine, First Class, X-2). I really liked it, as apparent by me being the only person in the theater to audibly react to certain scenes. Not the greatest comic book movie ever, but still quite strong. It didn't lag, but the "extra" at the end after the credits was more of an "ahhh... ha" moment than "can't wait!" for me. Wolverine and Mystique/Raven carry the story. The cameos towards the end were great.
    "That's what Sheev said."

JT,
    That story of Tycho hoodwinking you into a viewing of Transformers reminds me of a young JimJamBonds (as in, age 29) reluctantly strolling into a theater to meet me for the same film. He caught a ride with our other roommate and JJB came in smelling of booze and whatever else he got his nose into that day...and I can't say I blame him for using that coping mechanism.

BCJ,
    I too saw X-Men 7 and really enjoyed it...I wish it addressed MORE of the continuity issues with the other films but I think that series is too far gone to fix in that regard. 2 will always be my favorite and I really like 1 as well. This new Bryan Singer movie is a worthy entry in the series, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by 2-1B View Post
    JT,
    That story of Tycho hoodwinking you into a viewing of Transformers reminds me of a young JimJamBonds (as in, age 29) reluctantly strolling into a theater to meet me for the same film. He caught a ride with our other roommate and JJB came in smelling of booze and whatever else he got his nose into that day...and I can't say I blame him for using that coping mechanism.
    It was just booze, I didn't purchase anything else while stopping at the Gem Saloon....I would presume it was some of Jasper Newton Daniel's finest that you were smelling.