Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Re: Kelsey Grammer to play Beast in X-3!!!!

I agree that Kelsey Grammer has the voice to portray the Beast. Physically, im a little skeptical that he can pull it off, but i will reserve judgement until Jar Jar hits us up with how they go about doing the Beast, whether its costume, CGI, or whatever.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Beast is going to be a suit, with prostetics. The director doesn't like CG, and will be using as little as possible. I have to say I'm not all that thrilled with the casting choice. I'd rather see more unknowns, with more of the budget being directed twords making the film more grand. But we'll have to wait and see. I hope that Kelsey is just going to voice the character. He's short and not built enough to look right, even with being built up. And I'm not sold on the voice yet either.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Ha Ha. This is the lamest bit of casting since Jim Carrey as the friggin Riddler. I bet you $20 that every person who's ever watched the Simpsons or Frasier will not be able to keep a straight face when he's on screen. I'm gonna be watching it thinking of Sideshow Bob in a furry costume the whole time.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Mmmm, I'd kind of guess this is a little something like how David Hyde Pierce did the voice of Abe Sapien in Hellboy. I really doubt that we'll be seeing 50 year old Kelsey Grammer swinging and jumping around.
    Quote Originally Posted by JarJarBinks
    The director doesn't like CG, and will be using as little as possible.
    Says who?
    plasticfetish.net

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish
    Says who?
    The director himself in a recent interview, said he hates CG in movies. And vowed to do as much live as possible. Including Beast.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Hopefully he relapses and hits the nose candy pretty heavy between takes so he can pull off the physicality of the role.

I think it's solid casting, Grammer is a pretty good actor and definitely able to morph his performances far away from his best-known 'Fraiser' character. He's got the voice and he's not a small frail guy, he's famous but he's not A-list famous so he likely won't be the spotlight-hog a certain Storm actress has been so far. Definitely better casting than Chiklis as The Thing IMO.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Definitely better casting than Chiklis as The Thing IMO.
    No kidding.
    Quote Originally Posted by JarjarBinks
    The director himself in a recent interview, said he hates CG in movies. And vowed to do as much live as possible. Including Beast.
    Ahhh. It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out then. Interesting to see how this mutates compared to the others.
    plasticfetish.net

Hmmm. Grammer will probably turn out to be fine but I have to agree with JJB that an unknown would've been a better choice.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Re: 'X-3' & 'Wolverine: The Movie' News!!

merged the Beast thread with the actual X3 thread.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"