Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Re: 'X-3' & 'Wolverine: The Movie' News!!

They'll probably kill Xavier, Magneto, and Nightcrawler. Given that Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart are the big cash guys. And this way they can always bring them back as younger characters, if they want. As for Nightcrawler, the studios were pretty vocal about not wanting Kurt and Beast to be similar at all. Hence why Kurt has no velvet fur. But he could still be the one targeted for death.

As for who gets left powerless in the end? I'm gonna go with Jean Grey. Originally the Phoenix saga in the comics ended with Jean losing her powers instead of dying. This was to lead into a long storyarc, and with Magneto popping up for the 200th issue to give Jean back her powers. This of course never happened, cause Marvel head honcho Jim Shooter would not allow Jean to live, after killing Millions. Hence the later retcon that it wasn't really her that was the 'Phoenix', and her real self was in a cocoon in the Bay.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

wow... just... wow. what the hell? i'm scared for this flick now. after the awesomeness that were x-men and x2, this sounds pretty horrid. three dead characters, one powerless and a questinonable sex scene...

i bet they mess everything up with a rogue/wolvie tumble.
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Looks like Brett Ratner has the job...
    Brett Ratner to Direct X-Men 3
    Source: Variety June 6, 2005

20th Century Fox and Marvel Entertainment set Brett Ratner on Friday night to replace Matthew Vaughn as the director of X-Men 3, reports Variety. Shooting will start in August for a Memorial Day weekend 2006 opening date.

A comic book enthusiast, Ratner was among the helmers considered to direct the first X-Men. The job went to Bryan Singer instead. Ratner then spent a full year developing Superman Returns, the film that ultimately prompted Singer to drop out of directing "X3."

The trade adds that the "X3" budget is locked, and Fox and Marvel brass consider the script by Zak Penn and Simon Kinberg to be at least as strong as that of the first two installments. The original returning stars have been signed, and the cast is bolstered by Kelsey Grammer as Beast, Vinnie Jones as Juggernaut and Lost star Maggie Grace as Kitty Pryde (aka Shadowcat).

Fox's hiring of Ratner also means that Rush Hour 3 will most certainly miss New Line's projected fall start and summer 2006 release dates. Ratner directed the first two films in that series and seemed certain to make the third, but Chris Tucker's unwillingness to sign his $20 million deal in timely fashion scotched those plans.
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Didn't Ratner direct Red Dragon ?

Caesar- Yeah, he also did "Red Dragon" which in itself is a very good flick and true to the novel, minus the added in Hannibal lecter scenes.

But yeah, 3 people die, one mutant loses powers a sex scene? I agree with whoever said it earlier: i'm kinda worried about this one. I can understand losing Magneto, but Xavier and Nightcrawler? How about you kill of Storm? She was near useless in 1 and 2. Thats' my vote: kill Magneto, Storm and Random Mutant from the school. Done.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
    Caesar- Yeah, he also did "Red Dragon" which in itself is a very good flick and true to the novel, minus the added in Hannibal lecter scenes.
    . . . and the weak, happy ending added for the film.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

I was hoping for a Rogue-Wolverine sex scene back in 2000 when the first movie came out.

You know I really have not been following this story, but this talk about dead characters and losing powers seems ridiculous. At this point i have no expectations for this film. I just don't understand why they cannot make a movie comic accurate, or at least pretty close. X2 was an incredible movie, and sadly i dont think this will come close. From the sound of it so far, Man-Thing sounds better.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow
    You know I really have not been following this story, but this talk about dead characters and losing powers seems ridiculous. At this point i have no expectations for this film. I just don't understand why they cannot make a movie comic accurate, or at least pretty close. X2 was an incredible movie, and sadly i dont think this will come close. From the sound of it so far, Man-Thing sounds better.
    The only thing I heard about this film was the casting of beast, juggernaut and pryde, and i heard that ratner was in contention to direct, but killing people off, mutants losing their powers and a sex scene?? I agree and say that I have no expectations and hope it turns out great.
    "I have you now."

I'll hold final judgements until I actually see it.
    I'm not too worried about the 3 characters and one losing his/her powers - it could make for an interesting story.
    As for the sex scene...even super powered people like to get it on.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!