Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    The teaser trailer hits apple.com on Monday. Here is a description of it as Hugh Jackman showed it to some fans, press, etc. This might have SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS FOR SOME NON-SPOILER FOLKS. Reader beware.

The trailer is a montage of scenes from the film. It starts out with a voice over by Patrick Stewart. As he talks about the war of mutants (as well as angels and demons), we see a bunch of very, very brief scenes. Here's what I remember (not necessarily in order):

- The X-Men walking down the hall in the basement of the X-Mansion. We see Wolverine, Storm, Kitty Pryde, Colossus, and others.
    - An exterior shot of the X-Mansion
    - Storm walking out of the Mansion doors and looking at a cloudy sky.
    - Quick shot of Professor X in a wheelchair.
    - A shot of Beast and the other X-Men at what appears to be a funeral.
    - A shot of Angel, shirtless and in a lab, quickly unfolding his wings in from of some scientists.
    - A quick shot of the President and his advisors.
    - Juggernaut in a containment cell.
    - A shot of Magneto in the woods flanked by Pyro, Juggernaut, and an Asian mutant among others. Magneto delivers a line and dozens of mutants raise their fists in the air.
    - Cyclops screaming at the sky.
    - Wolverine meeting Cyclops at Alkali Lake and his glasses flying off and into Wolverine's hand.
    - Jean Grey waking up on an infirmary table.
    - An X-Student walking through the halls of the Mansion flying paper airplanes with his powers.
    - Storm flying through the air, then spinning and knocking people over.
    - Storm flying and knocking Wolverine out of the way of debris falling down (in a Danger Room training sequence).
    - A shot of Magneto causing a car to fly up into the cab of a truck.
    - A shot of Magneto and other mutants walking along the Golden Gate Bridge. The Bridge then starts ripping and bending apart.
    - A shot of Jean Grey casually walking towards a door in the infirmary and it violently blowing apart.
    - A scene of Wolverine jumping out of a tree and tearing someone apart with his claws.
    - A shot of Mystique jumping onto a desk in front of somebody, and her hands are chained together.
    - Wolverine falling down in a corner in between two walls and as he's falling he's got his claws sticking out slowing his fall and there are sparks flying from his claws.

The trailer then concludes with the X and Wolverine's claws as seen on the poster. The reaction to it was overwhelmingly positive among us and we applauded it (which was again surreal with Hugh Jackman there seeing it for the first time with the rest of us).

This teaser gives us our first look at Beast in full makeup. The best way to describe it is to say that Kelsey Grammer looks like the Marvel Legends Beast action figure, at least from the neck up. You'll have to freeze frame the trailer in order to get a good look at him (or any of the mentioned scenes, for that matter). However, the scene with Angel is what stood out to most of us who watched it together. Seeing him unfold his wings was an impressive sight.
    Say that you will, i think it sounds pretty excellent. I just hope it comes out in WMP cos i don't want to install Quicktime 9 to see it cos I don't want that iTunes extra with it. blah!!
    Last edited by Jedi_Master_Guyute; 12-03-2005 at 09:21 PM.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

No shots of Jubilee saving the entire team? What a rip.

Seriously, however, if her role keeps growing at the rate it did from X-Men to X2, I expect this to happen in X4.

I thought Apocalypse was supposed to be the baddie this time around?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Kids, we have pics:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/gallery/2005/x3/flash.htm

Beast, Brett Ratner, Two of Angel, Wolverine and Storm.

I'm likin' Beast and Angel. They look terrific!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Wait, wait, wait. "While a fourth X-Men is unlikely..."??? WTF? Is that pure conjecture or based on actual info? There's been so much setup for a long-running series here; I can't imagine compressing the Phoenix resurrection into one film that also involves evil mutant shenanigans. Not to mention the potential for great future stories involving Gambit, Sentinels, Apocalypse, Bishop, Cable, etc. (Yes, I do think Cable could actually be used in a great story, which would be the first time. I mean, the basic concept has a lot of potential.)

Of course, USA Today isn't exactly the most reputable rag in the country. And they describe Beast as a "strongman," a word which no one who knows even the slightest about the character would use.

I assumed they'd use CG for Beast, but the photo here looks excellent. I wonder if they'll address the fact that Hank makes a cameo in X2 and looks nothing like Kelsey Grammer, or if they'll just hope no one remembers.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

After seeing Beast there, I have my first real doubts about X-Men 3.
    That is not Beast - it's a blue Sabertooth.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

he doesn't look great, but he could've looked a LOT worse... and, yeah, chux - i don't think you need to worry about those solicitations on the USAToday thing - they don't sound all that credible. just filler text or something. as long as the next one doesn't totally tank, they'll keep making them. maybe they meant that a fourth movie wasn't likely for jackman?
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

[FONT=arial]Comingsoon is reporting that the title may be one of the following:
    X-Men 3: The Last Stand
    X3: A Last Stand
    X3: Last Stand
    X3: The Last Stand
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

are they trying for a self-fulfilling prophecy or something?

X3: the phantom mutant
    X3: the mutants strike back
    X3: attack of the mutants
    X3: charlotte's web
    X3: a new mutant
    X3: electric boogalooey
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

And now, the scrutinization begins:

Excellent trailer overall. I've gone through it a couple of times trying to identify some of the background characters, but it's tough when most of them look normal and aren't shown using powers.

One girl in the front of the classroom looks like the greatest X-(Wo)man of them all, but if so, I think she's played by a different actress.

In the scene with Magneto addressing the crowd in the forest, the woman on the far right could possibly be the Scarlett Witch.

My guess based on the huge amount of destruction seen in some scenes and the definite apocalyptic battle with Magneto is that this will parallel in many ways the final story arc from Grant Morrison's run on New X-Men. That was a doozy of a story, and should work pretty well here.

Whose funeral? Professor X doesn't appear to be in attendance.
    Tommy, close your eyes.