View Poll Results: How do you feel about Episode 2 now?

Voters
495. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's my favorite SW movie

22 4.44%
  • I love it as much as some of my other favorite movies

143 28.89%
  • It was better than at least several of the SW films

65 13.13%
  • It was better than Episode One

218 44.04%
  • It brought everything down another notch

31 6.26%
  • It sucked

16 3.23%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I voted it as 'better than TPM' but thats not saying much. There's some good battle scenes and thats it. The only thing that sets it above TPM is that Jar Jar has less screen time. Every other criticism ever levelled at TPM still applies as far I'm concerned.

I really like it. Sadly it didnīt get the credit it deserved.
    So did TPM. AOTC left theatres way too fast.
    [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue] "You havenīt LEARNED anything, Anakin!"
    -Obi Wan Kenobi (AOTCīs Forbidden Love trailer)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal]Bashing the Prequels is like bashing sex.[/COLOR]

I voted that I liked it better than several of the other SW movies, which I did. I think it is much better than TPM and slightly better than ROTJ. It would rank 3rd right now for me, behind Empire and New Hope, but I suspect it will drop to 4th once Ep. III comes out.

I can't really say that I liked it better than Episode I, but I also can't really say it sucked. So, I went with "It brought everything down another notch." Even though I've grown to accept Episode I, I just can't get into this movie. Thank the maker that Lucas isn't doing 9 episodes as planned.

The Lord of the Rings trilogy is everything I hoped the Star Wars Prequel trilogy would be.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Episode II is my least favorite movie of the bunch to date. It's standard to me was special effects with a pace. I liked episode I much more, and I really don't think Episode II stunk.
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

For those this is applicable to, just out of curiousity, what exactly makes you like TPM more than AOTC? I find TPM pretty painful to watch these days and that is the only SW movie I can say that about. The list of things I don't like or have a problem with about TPM is very very long...perhaps even more than Jedi which is the film I disliked the most before that one.

LOTR Kicked EP I & II's *** Sorry To Say

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue II
    I can't really say that I liked it better than Episode I, but I also can't really say it sucked. So, I went with "It brought everything down another notch." Even though I've grown to accept Episode I, I just can't get into this movie. Thank the maker that Lucas isn't doing 9 episodes as planned.

The Lord of the Rings trilogy is everything I hoped the Star Wars Prequel trilogy would be.
    You said it. Even though I wimped out and said it was better than EPI.
    The LOTR trilogy is amazing, and it has everything that made the original Star Wars trilogy magic. If only George Lucas wasn't directing EPIII, Peter Jackson would have been too cool as director.
    I'm not sure it's that George Lucas got old, like Boba Frett says in his post, but
    it's like he got politically correct, as in the horrible Greedo/Han censorship in "A New Hope:Special Edition". Of course if Lucas had actors that could actually act as good as the original trilogy cast, (droids excluded) he might have made a better pic. MTFBWY

Quote Originally Posted by see3poman
    You said it. Even though I wimped out and said it was better than EPI.
    The LOTR trilogy is amazing, and it has everything that made the original Star Wars trilogy magic. If only George Lucas wasn't directing EPIII, Peter Jackson would have been too cool as director.
    I'm not sure it's that George Lucas got old, like Boba Frett says in his post, but
    it's like he got politically correct, as in the horrible Greedo/Han censorship in "A New Hope:Special Edition". Of course if Lucas had actors that could actually act as good as the original trilogy cast, (droids excluded) he might have made a better pic. MTFBWY

It is more the writing and forced chemistry than the acting itself. Ewan is fine, and if one has ever seen Natalie Portman in other movies (especially the Professional) it is clear she is a fine actress. It is hard to figure out why some of the actors come across so rigidly. Unless they just don't really like or respect the material they are doing, or it isn't what they expected it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Spectre
    For those this is applicable to, just out of curiousity, what exactly makes you like TPM more than AOTC? I find TPM pretty painful to watch these days and that is the only SW movie I can say that about. The list of things I don't like or have a problem with about TPM is very very long...perhaps even more than Jedi which is the film I disliked the most before that one.
    I can't believe I'm actually about to protect TPM, but here it goes. Keep in mind, this is just my opinion. The Darth Maul/Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon lightsaber battle was the best in the Saga. The battle on Naboo was better than the battle in Geonosis because, when I watched ATOC, the battle scene seemed more like a video game trailer than a movie. In fact, the last time I watched ATOC, I fell asleep during the battle scene. Anakin in TMP was not as nearly as annoying as Anakin in ATOC. 3PO's droid factory scene was awful. And, I finally got over hating Jar Jar Binks. Both films have their faults, like bad CGI in certain places and cheesy dialogue. There are more reasons, but they really don't matter.

Of course, I still prefer the OT over the PT any day.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

I like A New Hope best, followed by The Phantom Menace. I also like AOTC. Because Star Wars movies are some of my favorite movies, I voted for loved it, one of my favorites. Unlike some, I like the PT. I am glad Lucas is going back and making these movies!
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.