Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Arrow Will John Williams be remembered as the Mozart of our time.

Every single movie that he has written a score for I can immediately recognize even if I haven't heard it yet. And listeneing to them brings tears to my eyes every time. He captures sheer emotion with every arangment. Even just thinking about the pieces now is making me misty, (ok I confess, I just got done watching eps 2). But yes, certainly a chapter title for the music history books.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

That's a good question. I doubt there is any way that history could forget JW but I wonder if how highly he'll be regarded. It would be an interesting question to pose to a classical music fan/historian. Perhaps there are other composers at this time that are more influencial and we are only familiar with the popular one.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Well after all, alot of the composers that you find in the music history books wrote alot of music for plays, operas, etc.. JW would be a madern version of that.
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by scruffziller
    Every single movie that he has written a score for I can immediately recognize even if I haven't heard it yet.
    I've just gotta know if you're familiar with the scores for Heartbeeps or Sleepers (two of the most un-Williams of his scores). Sheerly curiosity.

I think Williams is easily the best composer of the 21st century. Of the 20th, it depends on what you're looking for. Stravinsky might be "more artistic," for example, but Williams is still my favorite. There are very few works by him I can't listen to over and over.

My faves:
    Star Wars (all of them--it's impossible to pick one favorite)
    Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets
    Hook
    Far & Away
    Empire of the Sun
    Home Alone 2
    ET: The Extra-Terrestrial
    The Fury
    Dracula
    Jurassic Park

I also saw part of Space Camp a few weekends ago, and I hope this soundtrack will finally be released domestically on CD sometime in the future.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'm no connoisseur of classical music, but I myself love a lot of JWs works. However, most friends who are very into classical music scoff at Williams' work, especially when compared to that of the masters.
    "Whatever you do, take care of your shoes."

John Williams is a very influential composer and regarded as one of the best in his field. Also very notable are: Vangelis (when he puts his mind to it) and Ennio Morricone.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    I've just gotta know if you're familiar with the scores for Heartbeeps or Sleepers (two of the most un-Williams of his scores). Sheerly curiosity.
    Oh you would have to put me on the spot......
    I was basically generalizing, I am sure that JW could surprise me.
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Johnny Williams is a legend!!! I hope his work is remembered forever, and CDs of his music are lined up next to the works of the greats - Mozart, Beethoven, and Motorhead (erm... whatever ).

Listening to William's music brings tears to my eyes, I can't wait to hear the fantastic music he's composing for the next Star Wars film .

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

I hear it's going to be all banjos and mouth-harps.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust Port
    I hear it's going to be all banjos and mouth-harps.
    Well they said EPS 3 is going to be very dark, it might have a "DELIVERANCE" theme then.....
    MWHAHAHAHA!