Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'm trying to complete my vintage collection. Are there reasonable prices and inventory of that stuff?

Arrow

Stillakid, the problem I noticed was few sellers actually had their prices shown; you'd have to ask the guy/gal "cuanto questa?" Which is Spanish for "is this too expensive?"

The Vintage selection was pretty good in a few places.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Thumbs up Frank-n-Scalpers

Have any of you L.A. dwellers been there recently? Is it just me or are some of the vendors down there actually selling figures for a little closer to reasonable prices. I was down there about two weeks ago and saw the Darth Maul Sith Apprentice and the Sand Trooper Waves for 8.00 per figure. The funny thing was that in the booth directly across from that one, they had the DMSA for 25.00 and the Sandtrooper for 15.00.

I guess we better take advantage of this before the EII madness starts.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

Stillakid, there's really only one dude with any real kinda of quality vintage...name's Nan - he's in the third row from the left, in the middle aisle, on the right side. He also has a store that I've been to in the Pasadena-ish area that quite cool. Prices are a little high, but has a good selection of loose and especially carded vintage. He's got a telescoping Luke I've been eyeing!

Thanks. I'll check it out when I get a chance.

Lightbulb

There's a thread here in "Just Found" about F n' S. I got a Sith Attack Speeder for $10, about 5 minutes after seeing one for $20. You just have to look around and not buy the first one you see!
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Thumbs up

As much as I give frank-n-Scalpers a hard time...I still go down there every few weeks to look at the new stuff. To me it is worth the 55-miles-or-so trip just to check out the selection. I still won't buy from there because I live in an area where I eventually find everything if I have a little patience. Lucky for me I don't feel I have to be the first person on Earth to have each new item any more. I used to panick that I may miss out on something and wasted a lot of money buying stupid stuff.

I can proudly say, though, that I am the happy (yeah, right) owner of about 20 long saber x-wing lukes, and about 5 each of all the other long saber figures as well as 5 half cirlce hand Boba Fetts. Hey! Maybe I can sell them to a scalper at F-n-S!
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

I can't express how much I despise those guys, but I guess I have to get off my high horse because I may just take another trip down there. I've been looking for some vintage figure accessories, especially weapons. Does anyone know if there are sellers there that can offer them separately from the figures. I don't care if they are repro or OG.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Re: Frank-n-Scalpers

Originally posted by Darth Cruel
    Have any of you L.A. dwellers been there recently? Is it just me or are some of the vendors down there actually selling figures for a little closer to reasonable prices. I was down there about two weeks ago and saw the Darth Maul Sith Apprentice and the Sand Trooper Waves for 8.00 per figure. The funny thing was that in the booth directly across from that one, they had the DMSA for 25.00 and the Sandtrooper for 15.00.

I guess we better take advantage of this before the EII madness starts.
    First off, I merged the original thread this was from with the other thread about Frank & Son collector show (this one).

Second, I'm not that surprised about price drops, the stuff isn't that HTF anymore (I saw DM SA last night at TRU) and during the summer, nobody wants to go to a sweltering warehouse with no A/C, so these guys have to actually get competative. I almost always check for better prices when I'm there unless the first price was already reasonable.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thumbs up Frank-n-Scalpers

Mand Can - Not anymore. There used to be TONS of vintage stuff, loose and carded. Including accessories of all kinds. But now there is only a smattering of vintage stuff. But it is still there in small quantities. I kind of miss the way that place used to be, before they moved.