Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any word on the Sandcrawler or Droid Factory?

I am more interested in the droids from these than the actual vehicle, especially CZ.
    I heard the Death Star Droid was supposed to come with the Sandcrawler, except he was supposed to be silver. On a side note, I couldn't wait and I took a little non-acetone nail polish remover, a bunch of cotton swabs, some time, and warm water, and I was able to get the black off one my 3 3/4 Death Star Droids and he is now silver.

Egads, I am beginning to think that this SANDCRAWLER -- the one that we all saw prototype pictures of well over a year ago -- now just exists solely to mock and torment me. Seriously, every time there is a big convention, somebody breaks the news that Yes! it's official! It's been picked up! Last time it was even going to be so fabulous, it would come with not one --- not two --- but three figures! Hasbro had gone to a lot of trouble making this one exclusive collector would truly treasure and blah, blah, blah. . .

My high lasted one, wonderful single day and then it was revealed that --- Whoops! --- it was NOT official! The jawa blaster had been jumped! But that one day soon it would be released! Trust us, it will. Really.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH HHHHHHHHH!

It's enought to make a OT collector scream. And scream. And scream yet again.

I have wanted this toy forever and a day. Ever since I regretted telling mom to get me the Falcon instead back in 1979. How I have suffered for this lack of foresight.

I can only hope now, that yes, it really is coming and one day -- eventually, not soon, I guess -- I will finally, at long last, have it.

But THE DROID FACTORY . . . I'm pretty sure that that entire wave of accessory sets was cancelled. I am hoping against hope that maybe CZ will be included with the SANDCRAWLER as a pack-in (especially now tha R1 is already on the way) . . . or that CZ will be deemed worthy of his very own card.

Dang!!! I sure wish that we would get some solid info on the SANDCRAWLER as I am tired or owning all these poor, homeless droids. . .

My Jawas need a hoopty to get around in. I think it will be released one day though. Hopefully my patience and faith in Hasbro will prove it to be true.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Quote Originally Posted by mark2d2
    Gee, guess there really is no news on this then?
    Last word was that Hasbro and Target were hammering out details for a Fall '04 Sandcrawler release but no word on if a deal was ever reached.

Check out G. Hunter's Wizard World coverage for the details. It was supposed to be slightly retooled from the Vintage version and include 3 pack ins, RA-7, a Jawa and unknown (hopefully r5 or the mining droid for me)

Quote Originally Posted by OCB
    Last word was that Hasbro and Target were hammering out details for a Fall '04 Sandcrawler release but no word on if a deal was ever reached.

Check out G. Hunter's Wizard World coverage for the details. It was supposed to be slightly retooled from the Vintage version and include 3 pack ins, RA-7, a Jawa and unknown (hopefully r5 or the mining droid for me)
    Thank OCB. I actually had heard this news, but as it was sometime ago, I was hoping something had maybe been firmed up.

I also am hoping for the Mining Droid. I had been pulling for R1-G4 but that's no longer very necessary, is it?

PS --- So, uh where exactly is Hoth, Minnesota? I grew up in Fargo and make the journey back up to Pelican Lake (the one near Pelican Rapids) at least once evry summer.

I asked the guy from Hasbro during the Hasbro Q&A sessions at Wizard World Chicago and he said it would be released this fall. I was shocked when he said that. To this day I don't believe him, nor should I. You'd have to be a fool to believe that they could keep the project this hush hush and then all of a sudden release it by fall of this year. He must have meant next fall.
    I feel you guys. I have had little use for my droids and Jawas over the years and giving us the Sandcrawler would give me the perfect opportunity to build another great diorama and use some of the figures that usually sit in a box while my Jabba's palace figs, hoth figs, and cantina figs all stay on display almost all year round.
    Piett
    "Torontogosh! Master Luke inchimini doodoooooo..."

Quote Originally Posted by mark2d2
    Thank OCB. I actually had heard this news, but as it was sometime ago, I was hoping something had maybe been firmed up.

I also am hoping for the Mining Droid. I had been pulling for R1-G4 but that's no longer very necessary, is it?

PS --- So, uh where exactly is Hoth, Minnesota? I grew up in Fargo and make the journey back up to Pelican Lake (the one near Pelican Rapids) at least once evry summer.
    I live just north of Saint Paul, my dad though is from Detroit Lakes, still have a lot of family up that way so I know the area

The Rumours continue. . .

This just in from over at Galactic Hunter, their "swami" says that the Sandcrawler will be
    soon be rolling on over to Target. . . (Sometime in 2004)

I hope this is to be true as haven't their most recent exclusives all been available online?

Time will tell. Please don't have this be yet another unconfirmed fantasy. . .

I so want this ship! Especially with R1 in the works.

Guess Wal-mart doesn't want to carry this as an exclusive. Oh, well, hopefully, Target will save our collective butts this time. Tired of rumors, just give us the stuff!!!!