Page 1 of 98 123451151 ... LastLast

The Official SSG INDIANA JONES Thread! (SPOILERS)

Hello Raiders!

I've just watched Temple of Doom, and am about to stay up all night watching Indy find the lost ark and undertake the last crusade!

It's been a long time since I've viewed these films.

Does the Insider and the general Indy-hype often found around SW fans over these films ever annoy you?

Sometimes you go, "OK, just because I'm a huge SW fan doesn't mean I have to like everything George does. Or just because it's so bandwagon to say you like these films. Why do I have to be force-fed them just because everybody else says they're so cool, they belong in MY Star Wars magazine?"

Sometimes I'd wondered that, having not watched my copies in some time.

Now I've only watched Temple of Doom, the first one if you play them in Chron order (Temple takes place in 1935, while Raiders is set in 1937, and Last Crusade in 1939 I think.) But I AM INTO INDIANA JONES AGAIN!

I keep whistling that darn theme music and my cats think I'm crazy.

I'm probably going to be up all night watching these films.

They will NOT bore you.

If you haven't hung with Indy in a while, EVERYONE, go put your vidoes on!

These are action films!

I have not watched these movies in a long time! I used to watch them quite frequently but since the DVD set was announced last year I have decided not to watch them until the DVDs are released (only 21 days to go ). I can't wait for the DVDs I've been waiting for them since I first started getting DVDs.

I am looking forward to Indiana Jones 4, hopefully it'll be as good as the others .

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

With Stevie Spielberg, Harry Ford, Johnny Williams (and hopefully Sean Connery and Jean Rhys-Davies) returning, I believe not even an aging Lucas can blow this one. :happy:

Yes, these are awesome movies, and I'm not one to love everything Lucas has done. SW, Indy, Willow, and Howard the Duck are awesome, but the rest doesn't do much for me. (See? I like "most" but not "all" of his stuff.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Upon first watching Temple of Doom, I thought it was the biggest letdown of a sequel ever. Thankfully, a few viewings later, Im a little happier with it.

I think Raiders is the best of the three by far, and Last Crusade was much better than Temple. I'll be very happy when I can have them on DVD in just a few short weeks! The music alone is worth the price!
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

When do the DVD's hit the shelves?
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

October 21, I do believe.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Awesome! Those will be a worth addition to the DVD collection.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

I must say i love all these films, but my favorite lies in Last Crusade. Yeah, blasphemy!!! I think Temple is VERY underappreciated, but that's just me. Arc is a classic film; it definately deserves massive props from any movie lover. For me, Crusade was just tops. From showing Indy as a kid, to his dad, the moments w/ Marcus and that cool a-- Knight at the end.

"He chose...poorly"

I cannot wait for these DVD's!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Folks in thre UK will be getting the DVD a day earlier than you guys in the US !

I agree with Jedi_Master_Guyute, The Temple of Doom is very underappreciated, I love that movie . My faves go in the order they were made, Raiders, Temple and Crusade, but I love them all almost equaly .

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
    I must say i love all these films, but my favorite lies in Last Crusade.

Same here.