Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry Jedi Master Points Auction a total joke!

I was totally disheartened by the direction Hasbro took with the half baked Jedi Master point’s auction. Come on you have to have a huge vault full of these points to bid on anything! The people on the east coast get first dibs on any auction items, and the west coasters get the last bid. Hasbro clearly dropped the ball with this auction; they did not think this thing threw.
    I was under the impression that there would be all sorts of items on the auction block at once, similar to an e-bay style auction. But no we only get a hand full of items to bid on at once! It’s like saying there are five pieces of bread left for an entire city full of starving people, go postal!
    Level off the playing field Hasbro, add more items so every one gets a chance at using there points. I thought the whole idea behind the auction was to reward Hasbro’s loyal collectors, not just a few mega Collector/Dealers who purchased extra points on e-bay.

It would have been so much better if they used the points like they used the Gi-Joe flag points back in the 80’s, via a catalog where you had your options of items and the number of points clearly marked for the purchase of the item you were interested in buying. Hell I would pay for shipping and handling if I have to.

E-mail/Call the nitwits at Hasbro and give them a mouthful of you grips, let them know that this auction sucks *** and you are mad as hell!

http://hasbro.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/h...nduser/ask.php
    Last edited by El Chuxter; 10-01-2003 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Language

I'm with you. Actually I'm madder than Hell. I have started a petition. Go put your name it. I have e-mailed them as well. They probably wont look at. Personally I want to call them and talk to the person responsible for this mess. I think he will find my hostility very enjoyable and hopefully change the current course of action that is occuring.
    Come vote in my Best Figure thread this Preview Month.

PS I think that this was the worst thing in Star Wars history. Heck this is worse than that Han/Greedo shooting first or Jar Jar fiasco.

Oh Jawa Pinocchio welcome to the forums. I hope you enjoy it here and participate in the other discussions. There are a few other discussions about JMP's in some other areas of the forums. You may want to check them out.

Angry Jedi Master Points Auction a Total Joke

We all should e-mail/Call Hasbro about how lame this auction is. You have to be a Mega Collector/Dealer who has a vault full of points to bid on these few items. It's a total joke!
    I was under the impression that this reward to all the loyal customers of the Star Wars line. I was lead to believe that this would be an E-Bay style auction full of multiple Star Wars Hasbro 3 3/4 figures and accessories! Not an auction that the average collector has no hopes of participating in.
    I have been a collector of Star Wars figures since I was three years old back in 78. I love the new line (not so much the permanently posed inaction figures that have popped up lately) and I think that I should be able to be a part of this auction. I have spent thousands on the figures/play sets, and vehicles since they were brought back in 95, and this is how Hasbro pays me back for years of customer loyalty? By slapping me in the face with this?

This sucks *** , and we should let Hasbro know in mass that we don’t like what is going on with this half baked auction of there’s.

Hasbro (800) 327-8264 8am-4pm EST

Or e-mail them
    http://hasbro.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/h...t_page=ask.php

I think that we all should seriously e-mail them and call them so they get the point early enough so something can be done about this scam. Hit other boards/sites and spread the word!
    If Hasbro sees how many fans they disappointed/****** off with this “auction” they will have to do something about it. Remember that there is strength in numbers!
    May the Force Be with You All!

An e-mail was sent by me to Hasbro. I doubt this will change their mind, but if we get enough people to do this, well the power is in the #'s!
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I have just e-mailed Hasbro and recieved a hasty response. Here it is.

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate your taking the time to share your opinions with us regarding the Jedi Auction.

Consumer satisfaction is very important to us. We will share your comments with our management team so that they are also aware of your views.

We want to assure you that we are dedicated to maintaining quality products and service. We hope you and your family will continue to enjoy our products for many years to come.

Again, thank you for contacting us, and for your comments.

Wow, that's the same response I got from them. I did see somewhere in my e-mail it says STATUS: Waiting. So this may not be the final word we hear from them.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I doubt contacting them directly will do any good, even in large numbers. Hopefully they'll see all the collecting boards light up with complaints and change their minds before too much damage is done.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'm not siding with hasbro, but they do say that this is a test auction.

Give them a chance. 2 of the 4 items up for auction weren't produced in high quantities anyway, so having more than one doesn't really matter.

Besides let's say they put out 50 Sacul's or the Cantina set w/Kitak, don't you think that there are more than 50 mega collectors with mega points that could bid on these?

They are not going to run hundreds of auctions at one time. At least not at the begining and I dare say they shouldn't run that many anyway.

Besides, what they do have in high quantities that they could choose to use for auction, people don't want or already have. Could you imagine if Hasbro put up 200 auctions for 3 3/4 Darth Maul's? People wouldn't bid and complain about that as well.

Jeesh, this program is in its infancy, give them a chance. If we all started complaining from the get go they could also decide it's not worth the hassle and drop the whole dang thing...

So, just take it, as it comes for now, and see where it goes.

I don't agree either, but I'm willing to wait it out. We all have so far...
    Move along, move along