Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hasbro Quality Control

Well...I emailed Hasbro last week and told them that the Throne Room Vader I had purchased was defective. They then sent me a letter apologizing for it and giving me a return authorization so they could send me a new one. I didn't care enough about it really to return it to the store, but I figured I may as well do this. They paid for shipping, too.

Nice of them, huh?

Hmm, things sure have changed with them in the last few years.
    Come vote in my Best Figure thread this Preview Month.

Okay... i have to admit i saw the title of this thread and started to laugh. After reading the post... I have to say that I am glad they are finally getting it right. i think they realise that people really are collecting these toys and that the retailers have been a little beyond crap in getting restocked. It's nice to see they would like for you to have another figure rather than another "sorry 'boutcha" e-mail.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I have returned two defective figures over the last couple of years. It sounded like the same procedure described here. In both cases, they did not replace with the original figure. Read the disclaimer that says it will be replaced with the same or comparable toy. I don't know if they were really out or if someone just grabbed the first thing available off the conveyor belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterjedi73
    They then sent me a letter apologizing for it and giving me a return authorization so they could send me a new one.
    Let us know if you get a replacement Vader that "works." (I'd be curious to know if there is one.) I've still got mine sitting around in an envelope waiting to be mailed back to them. I'm interested to see how it works out for you.
    plasticfetish.net

Well...I emailed Hasbro last week and told them that the Throne Room Vader I had purchased was defective. They then sent me a letter apologizing for it and giving me a return authorization so they could send me a new one. I didn't care enough about it really to return it to the store, but I figured I may as well do this. They paid for shipping, too.

Nice of them, huh?
    That's very good news. I've got a Tusken Raider that needs replacing due to a mislined magnet (the head won't stay on).
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

I'll keep you all posted. The Vader went out in the mail today. The letter did say that if they didn't have that figure, they would send another. It will be interesting to see what they have. They should still have some Throne Rooms sitting around, though.

I'll keep you all posted. The Vader went out in the mail today. The letter did say that if they didn't have that figure, they would send another. It will be interesting to see what they have. They should still have some Throne Rooms sitting around, though.
    LOL, I bet you get a nice new JarJar figure form 2 years ago.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

It would be nice if it was a "swimming" Jar Jar...

That would be a definite trade-up!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

He will probably get a Jango Pilot.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten