For the past 6 months during the darkest days of SW collecting this year, I started a list of all the figures and toys coming out from Hasbro, and on that list I kept a running tab of which figures I wanted, which I wasn't sure I wanted, and which I knew for sure I didn't want. After putting a few checkmarks against the pieces I found recently, my want list has changed and my holdout list has changed as well.
Whether you've found them yet or not, for many collectors there are some Hasbro SW toys from the 2003 lineup that you are either on the fence about or totally disinterested in getting. What are those items and why?
I'll start with my list of holdouts so far, and reasons why they're on the list:
So there you have my 2003 holdout list, what's yours and why?
- Barris Offee - just not interested
- Aayla Secura - ditto, and looks kinda flimsy
- Anakin Skywalker (Secret Ceremony) - I don't like how it looks
- maybe Han Solo (Hoth Rescue - blue) - seen this one 10 times or more but funky leg pose always holds me back
- Chewbacca (Mynock Hunt) - too specialized with figure sculpted to accept mask and tank, weapon looks super crappy
- Padme Amidala (Secert Ceremony) - not interested
- Darth Maul (Theed Hangar Duel) - already have it from earlier line
- Princess Leia Organa (Imperial Captive) - ditto
- maybe Han Solo (Flight to Alderaan) - ditto, although if the head looks different enough, it might catch my interest
- maybe Hailfire Droid - heard it doesn't roll too well, already have Lego version
- all Clone Wars figures - don't like the concept of either regular or animated CW figures, does nothing at all for me
- TRU 4packs - often tempted, but $20 for figures I already have and 1 new accessory is hard to swallow
- Screen Scenes - not interesting to me, kinda small for the money and I'm not interested in the scenes they're portraying
- Jedi Master Points auctions - insulting, lame program that can only reward a handful of collectors