Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

The Bachelor Thread. Tips and Tricks of the lonely.

When I put food on a plate and it isn't overtly used, I stick it in the fridge to reuse it so I don't have to let the dishes pile up.

I have never bought a box of Kleenex in my life so I just use toilet paper to blow my nose. I will save the paper for small cleanup jobs around the restroom.
    Sounds disgusting but it isn't that big a deal since it is a cleanup job.

When I put clothes up to dry on these drying racks, I just take off the clothes as I need them instead of putting them in a dresser or hanging them up.

So what are some of the not so glamorous things you bachelors or ex bachelors
    have done to maximize your time.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

- Eaten pop-tarts for dinner
    - Used the "lazy man's iron", the dryer
    - Used dishes more than once before washing them
    - Cleaned an entire bathroom using only Windex
    [font=verdana]Madness take its toll. Please have exact change[/font]
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

Quote Originally Posted by billfremore
    - Cleaned an entire bathroom using only Windex
    YEA!!! That cleaner is better and has more uses than most people think.
    MWHAHAHAHA!

A couple of years ago my parents went on vacation and i was the man of the house for two weeks but i didnt know how to cook or do laundry. I ended up eating at relatives houses about half the time but the other half i spent eating what ever i could find that was easy to make. I ate a whole Village Inn pie for dinner one night but didnt feel good afterwards. For frozen pizza i threw it in the microwave in broken up pieces and heated it like that. Popcorn was easy to make so it substituted once or twice. Luckily i had a decent amount of clothing so i didnt have to wash any. It sucked and i hope i never have to do that type of thing again. My advice would be to find someone who can do that crap for you.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Well this October 15th it will have been 8 years since I left the nest so I have learned to do all kinds of things.

Oh yea, used cardboard boxes for trays and hung old sheets up as curtains.
    I still don't own a regular table and chairs but a card table and chair set and that isn't even where the table is suppose to be. Mattress and box springs have always been on the floor. I use newspaper for place mats. Fix old couch by putting pillows and old blankets under the cushions. My entire table use is off of a tray.
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Here's one for ya, I learned this one in the Army. Newspaper is great for cleaning the bathroom. It's true, you can use it to clean windows/mirrors and it gives you a beautiful streak free shine. It sure beats the heck out of used snot TP.

BTW, I am/was a MAJOR allergy sufferer, so I have bought MUCH kleenex (with lotion). Believe me, when you spend 12 hours a day with a runny nose for a week straight, there is a difference...like NOT having chapped nostrils.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by scruffziller
    Well this October 15th it will have been 8 years since I left the nest so I have learned to do all kinds of things.

Oh yea, used cardboard boxes for trays and hung old sheets up as curtains.
    I still don't own a regular table and chairs but a card table and chair set and that isn't even where the table is suppose to be. Mattress and box springs have always been on the floor. I use newspaper for place mats. Fix old couch by putting pillows and old blankets under the cushions. My entire table use is off of a tray.
    Oh yea, used folding chairs as trays when friends would come over since I only have 1 tray. Plus use them same chairs as a coffe table and side tables next to my couch and easy chair.
    MWHAHAHAHA!

This is soooo white trash, but sometimes when I have to clear the table and the kids make a mess on it, I'll go outside and shake it out onto the lawn instead of trying to wipe it off. At least I don't do it in my wifebeaters and jockeys and the birds get something to eat.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

When I was single, I was a master of cooking using the minimum of dishes/pots. Many times I cooked and ate in the same pot. I hardly ever measured anything and just eyeballed it so I wouldn't dirty any measuring cups.
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99
    ...so I have bought MUCH kleenex (with lotion).
    Here's a Bachelor tip for ya SK! Never, use the words Kleenex and lotion in the same sentence, at least not publicly!!! LOL!

Some of my own Bachelor tips!:
    Why wash bed sheets, when you can just throw a sleeping bag on top of your bed!

Easiest Dinner Top10 List:
    1) whatever Bag of chips are in the cupboard!
    2) whatever that thing is wrapped up in the frig from last week! Smells OK!
    3) Hot Dog in the microwave!
    4) Rice! Hey a Billion chinese people can't be wrong!
    5) If you can boil rice then Spaghetti can't be that hard either! Heat Jar sauce at your discretion.
    6) Taco Bell is a nice change from McDonalds!!!
    7) Ask your roomate if they're going to finish whatever they're eating!
    8) Soup!!!
    9) Tuna Fish is good but can be hard work depending on how much stuff you add to it!
    and the #10th easiest dinner to have:
    10) well, once you've returned your bottles and can's, what else is there but Pizza and Wings!!!