Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Porkins

Porkins

We all know that in a dogfight Porkins would tear Wedge apart. But could he do it without a glazed ham sandwich?

-Greyfolk
    visit: alt.fan.porkins
    Porkins is Your Daddy!

Does this REALLY belong in the "FILMS: Classic Trilogy" section?

I was really thinking glazed doughnut!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Mmm. . . doughnuts. (Or donuts if you prefer. )
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartnr
    Does this REALLY belong in the "FILMS: Classic Trilogy" section?

I was really thinking glazed doughnut!
    Hmmm..... good question. I'd say yes. Porkins was the hero at Yavin, and that's a part of the classic trilogy. So discuss, should he have ejected? Where would he have gone if he did?

Put this thread back where it belongs!

-Greyfolk
    Porkins is Your Daddy!

Er... this thread is an "Other" if ever I've seen one.

The only thing Porkins could tear apart was his flight suit. If he had ejected, he would have been vaporized when Luke blew up the station anyway. That would make a great scene in the Nifty Edition though, watching Fat Fatty Fatterson drifting in space over the Death Star one second before it blows up with a pie under his ejection mask, then watching him get turned into space-dust when the station explodes. Lucas himself could be the digital body double.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

yeah, he could be saying "I'm alright, my suit'll hold til you guys can make the rescue, I sure as heck ain't going anywhere" real ironic-like, right as the scene you mentioned takes place, JT.... that would be pretty funny...

Or in a brand new scene, porkins could get either A- sucked into the falcons intakes during the final attack run or B- spread pie and all ALL OVER the falcon's cockpit window in the rush to flee the doomed station.. ooohhhh, the SUPER SPECIAL EDITION will be awesome indeed!!!
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

How would the ejection work, anyway? Would the entire cockpit be blasted off with him in it? He couldn't survive just floating in his seat, as his flight suit wouldn't protect him from outer space.

There wasn't force to detonate ol' "Piggy" out of that cockpit as it were. Hasblah made pretty darned sure that you really needed to cram him good and tight into that cockpit... SO tight that it probably would have just blown a hole in the bum of his flight suit!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartnr
    . . . it probably would have just blown a hole in the bum of his flight suit!
    Or that could've just been gas.
    Tommy, close your eyes.