KB Discount Question

The settlement says:

"in store distribution... will be separate and apart from, and in addition to any previously planned promotional events for 2003."

Does this mean that if KB has a current sale for example of 25% off at the register for Mega Bloks, that KB has to take an additional 30% off if you purchase > $30? This will mean a 55% discount.
    or
    Will they just take the 30% off at the registers only?

What does this legal jargon mean?

Thanks.

I believe something around those lines. As long as it is more than $30 after the 25% off discount then I don't see why it cannot work.
    Come vote in my Best Figure thread this Preview Month.

I am pretty sure it means that you can "double dip" into both of the sales. Just like you stated...if something is 25% off but still over $30, you get another 30% off.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

You're right. I just came from there. If something is 25% off, you get an additional 30% = 55% off.
    That makes for some bargains.
    Happy shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by yngadult
    You're right. I just came from there. If something is 25% off, you get an additional 30% = 55% off.
    That makes for some bargains.
    Happy shopping.
    sorry but the math doesn't work like that. taking 25% off then an extra 30% off does not equal 55%. if you start from $100 and take 25% off = $75. 30% of 75 is $52.50, but 55% of the original hundred you'd be paying only $45.

I just got back from KB, I was hoping thaey'd have a better selection of '02 pegwarmers but they had the same 4-5 figures.
    To myu delight they had the Playschool Falcon (which I haven't got yet) so I grabbed it and a lightsaber, 3 figure bundle pack. The total came to $36. Too cool. I've beeen looking for the Falcon playschool all year, I wouldld've paid the sticker price of $29.99. So after taxes, I basically got the Falcon I wanted and an the lightsaber/3 figure pack for only $4.
    I love sales
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Jax
    sorry but the math doesn't work like that. taking 25% off then an extra 30% off does not equal 55%. if you start from $100 and take 25% off = $75. 30% of 75 is $52.50, but 55% of the original hundred you'd be paying only $45.
    Jax is absolutely correct. It's not rocket science.

Of all the KB's I checked this weekend, I was getting the impression that none were actively restocking Star Wars stuff because of the "sale". All the ones I visited had the same crappy figures they've had for months. And no Imperial Shuttles, Clone Wars 3 packs, or Clone Wars bonus backs.
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000

Cool, now I will only have to spend $4,000 dollars as opposed to $6,000 at Kay Bee to earn enough JMPs to win one of the Cantina figures off the auctions. Sweet deal, I'm headed over there at opening time tomorrow. Woohooo!!!
    Kitik Keed'kaks for everyone.