sandtrooper army question

I just got the sandtrooper army builder and was a little disappointed that none of the sandtroopers have sand on them.
    I was wondering if anyone has tried to customize this yet, and how easy it is to do.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Turambar
    I just got the sandtrooper army builder and was a little disappointed that none of the sandtroopers have sand on them.
    I was wondering if anyone has tried to customize this yet, and how easy it is to do.
    thanks
    I have made a dirt wash for a 12" Sandtrooper before. I just used some model paint, but water base would be better. I just diluted it with water and took a old rag and wiped it on the figure. The cool thing is if you mess up, you can wipe it off and try again.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I've found wiping your paint brush on a damp cloth/paper towel and then wiping the towel on the figure/subject works good, too.

Lightbulb

I haven't done this myself yet, but you might try hitting some spots on the figure with some photo adhesive glue (comes in a spray can). Use masking tape to keep glue from going onto areas you'd like to keep clean.

Get some fine grain sand from a hobby or craft shop and sprinkle it onto the sticky areas.