Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

More Lightsaber Colors

Okay, since Mace had the purple saber in E2, I think we need to see some more colors in E3. The only purple saber among green, blue, and reds has led to many questions, and the only answer is that Sam Jackson wanted a purple saber so he got it. For this not to be a distraction I'd like to see more purples in E3 and especially at least one YELLOW saber. A Yellow blade would be awesome. As a kid I always wanted to see one. Who knows, maybe it was because the old toys came with the yellow toothpicks as lightsabers, but I really want to see something other than one unexplainable purple in E2.
    Bring on the YELLOWs and more purples!

Won't happen. Lucas has already stated that the only colors that exist in lightsabers is Red, Green, and Blue. Mace's is just a variation of blue, or it uses two seperate crystals to allow the color to be different. Originally it was said it was purple, because he's the head of the Jedi Council. Though that fact seems to have slipped off his SW.Com Character Profile for some reason. But I'll stick with the Purple = Head of the Council, as it once was stated.

MTBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by JarJarBinks
    Won't happen. Lucas has already stated that the only colors that exist in lightsabers is Red, Green, and Blue. Mace's is just a variation of blue, or it uses two seperate crystals to allow the color to be different. Originally it was said it was purple, because he's the head of the Jedi Council. Though that fact seems to have slipped off his SW.Com Character Profile for some reason. But I'll stick with the Purple = Head of the Council, as it once was stated.

MTBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    That sucks!
    I'd heard that about him being the best swordsman. I wonder why it was changed.
    Maybe GL will surprise us.
    GO YELLOW!

Mace Windu to Yoda: I am your father.
    Yoda: NO.... I mean head of the Jouncil, you are.

Okay, that is chessy.
    Come vote in my Best Figure thread this Preview Month.

I think it would look stupid if we saw different colours in Episode III after only seeing blue and green from the Jedi in AOTC!

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

It does not matter to me, but I feel that we will not see yellow in EpIII. Mace will be the only one with purple.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

MTBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    As you may already know, I am almost positive I read somewhere that his saber is a combination of red and blue crystals, which was viewed by some of the jedi as unorthodox but viewed by Mace as some sort of focus of balance between light and dark. This would seem to make sense in regards to his character since we always see him reiterate how Anakin is to bring balance to the force. This is his ideaology.
    Kitik Keed'kaks for everyone.

Won't happen. Lucas has already stated that the only colors that exist in lightsabers is Red, Green, and Blue. Mace's is just a variation of blue, or it uses two seperate crystals to allow the color to be different.
    Well if that is the case. Then we should see a black hued lightsaber because Red and Green mixed together make black(no I am not making a racist statement )if Red and Blue crystals make purple.
    Also should see turquoise/teel(sea green) a mixture of green and blue.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

The red and green with their vibrancy might make a more of a beer bottle brown than black.

We could now make longer hilts with two chambers of crystals and mix secondary lightsaber colors with primary ones. Purple and red can make a nice rich magenta and a purple with blue to make a beautiful starry indigo. OOOh the possibilities. The turquoise you mention could be mixed with the purple to maka a, um, I'm not sure what that would look like. I'll get to work on my lightsaber color wheel right away.
    Kitik Keed'kaks for everyone.

I'm still waiting on the EU to explain why (in story terms) all the following original lightsaber colors were changed:

Ki-Adi Mundi: purple
    Plo Koon: red
    Saessee: indigo
    Adi: crimson
    Mace: blue
    Yoda: yellow

And I know there are others. I also don't think it's been stated for certain whether Leia still carries a red lightsaber.

EU, I know, but it just shows how someone's dropping a major ball here.
    Tommy, close your eyes.