Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question What should Hasbro auction off, in your opinion?

Toys, games, knick-knacks, opportunities?

Another idea I just had would be for them to auction off the right (priviledge?) to choose the next figure they make.

Imagine, being able to bid all the points you have earned (purchased, really) over the years and exchange them essentially for the one never before made and not likely to be anytime soon, action figure of your choosing. Now this would really be a "reward" and a "thank you" from Hasbro to us for spending so much money on them over the years. And truly, the person who has the most points (and is willing to spend them) is probably the one worthy of this method of thanks from Hasbro.

Sure, a bunch of people would be like, "What a moron, I can't believe he wasted his auction winnings on getting that figure made for us!" But, more likely, the winner would pick something that most people have been clamoring for for a long time, like the Tonnika sisters or something.

What do you guys think of that? Would Hasbro go for it? What are your ideas?

That woul dbe so incredible to win the right to have a figure made. Sadly some jerk would win and choose something totally ridiculous and choose soemthing no one wants. My pick would probably be Yarna Da'l Gargan, but there would be so much to choose from.

As a side note, I think that the very final auction they have up should be for a vintage prototype or something rare like that. I am sure they have something hidden in the warehouse.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Maybe a chance to shoot the idiots who came up with the whole auction idea, with a water cannon.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I actually like the idea of being able to choose the next figure for them to be made. I would either choose Dead Shmi or if they let me do a basic figure 2-pack I would make roasted Owen and Beru. Of course that is saying I can come up with 50,000 points.

I know they would never make those figures. Yarna stands a better chance.
    Come vote in my Best Figure thread this Preview Month.

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow
    That woul dbe so incredible to win the right to have a figure made. Sadly some jerk would win and choose something totally ridiculous and choose soemthing no one wants.
    Like Yarna Da'l Gargan?

That's what I'm getting at. One guy's holy grail is another one's "what the F was he thinking?"

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow
    As a side note, I think that the very final auction they have up should be for a vintage prototype or something rare like that. I am sure they have something hidden in the warehouse.
    I like that idea as well. Like I said previously, this auctioning off stuff that is usually available at a retail level anyhow smacks of scalping, even if it is coming factory direct.

I totally agree it is like scalping because it so recent. I feel the same way.
    Come vote in my Best Figure thread this Preview Month.

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid
    Like Yarna Da'l Gargan?

That's what I'm getting at. One guy's holy grail is another one's "what the F was he thinking?"
    Exactly.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

What about auctioning off prototypes of figures that have been released? Or artwork used in the development of figures? Something unique at least.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Big lots of army builders. 1000 Clone trooper army builder sets at the same time, so everyone can have a chance at getting one or two for a reasonable amount of points. 1000 Battle Droid - Geonosis Battle figures (that were returned to Hasbro by retailers last year, were they not? What better way to free up warehouse space) at the same time. Toy Fair Vader. That elusive Imperial Scanning Crew Trooper figure that came with the second Millenium Falcon carrying case. R2 B1, Amidala w Ascension Gun and the rest of the difficult end of EP I figures they should be re-releasing on Saga cards, Hats and T shirts, Stickers, gift certificates for 2 for 1 figures at selected retailers, tons of things that would end at cheaper point values. Any number of things.

Oh, and Yarna figures would be the auction of a lifetime.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid
    Another idea I just had would be for them to auction off the right (priviledge?) to choose the next figure they make.

This is the best idea I've heard. With the couple of Vintage left to resculpt, plus all of the Cantina and Jabba's Palace critters on our "wishlists" , we could finally get something we'd never expect, or at least something we've expected to have by now.
    Shop at the SOFA-KING Big Sofa Store

Where the sofas are SOFA-KING big!