Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question Anakin's Ghost and Justice

Ok, so Luke comes and "saves" his dad from eternal damnation and all that. Great. But how come he gets off scotfree? What I mean is, at the end, we see him just standing there glowing and smiling as if nothing had happened! And Yoda and Ben are doing it too!

Are you KIDDING ME? The guy raped, pillaged, tortured, maimed, and killed for years on end. And what happens to him? He gets the eternal blue glow award and gets to go to the victory party. What's that all about? No punishment? None at all? What about this "prophecy" crap? Who "created" the prophecy? Some kind of deity? Where the heck is he letting this guy get off without at least a slap on the wrist? What about the Midichlorians? I thought they were running the show. They create this monster then all he has to do is say he's sorry and that's it? Where's the justice?

Would you just let Anakin walk away from punishment like this?

EXT. SPIRIT WORLD NIGHT
    Later on, after the party on Endor...

SPIRIT BEN
    You know, uh, Anakin, you ah, you did some pretty awful stuff there.

SPIRIT ANAKIN
    Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm really sorry about that.

SPIRIT BEN
    Well...okay, as long as you're sorry.

SPIRIT ANAKIN
    Yeah, yeah, I am.

SPIRIT BEN
    Well, okay, good. And speaking of that, you hit me pretty hard there on the Death Star.

SPIRIT ANAKIN
    (wincing)
    Oh, really, gee, sorry about that.

SPIRIT BEN
    It's an energy sword. It goes through anything it touches. You don't have to hit it that hard. I mean, man, I still ache right here where you got me.

SPIRIT ANAKIN
    Oops. Well, let's go cruise the nightclub and scare up some broads. Get it "scare up" some broads?

SPIRIT BEN
    Oh, Ani, you always were a goofball. A bipolar unpredictable moody tyrant, but a goofball all the same. Let's go buddy.

Once master and apprentice, now buddies in the afterlife, the two vanish into the mist as they head for more hijinx in this big ol' galaxy known as Star Wars.

Roll credits

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid
    Ok, so Luke comes and "saves" his dad from eternal damnation and all that. Great. But how come he gets off scotfree? What I mean is, at the end, we see him just standing there glowing and smiling as if nothing had happened! And Yoda and Ben are doing it too!

Are you KIDDING ME? The guy raped, pillaged, tortured, maimed, and killed for years on end. And what happens to him? He gets the eternal blue glow award and gets to go to the victory party.
    Okay, I am a little upset here. I've never read anywhere that Anakin/Vader raped anyone. He's not a Viking. Do you have written proof, and I don't mean in the EU, I'm talking about something the GL wrote saying that this happened.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I didn't know Vader still had the 'equipment' to rape anyone! Unless that's more machine now too !

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett
    Okay, I am a little upset here. I've never read anywhere that Anakin/Vader raped anyone. He's not a Viking. Do you have written proof, and I don't mean in the EU, I'm talking about something the GL wrote saying that this happened.

So I exaggerated a little bit. Sue me. The point is, he did awful awful things and gets away with it in this world (that world) and the afterlife for ever and ever and ever.

So I exaggerated a little bit. Sue me. The point is, he did awful awful things and gets away with it in this world (that world) and the afterlife for ever and ever and ever.
    It was all the WILL OF THE FORCE.

there are religions that promote things like death bed conversions, which allow a person access to "heaven" after a lifetime of evil deeds, and i guess lucas used that as inspiration.

maybe lucas would say anakin killing the emperor made up for his evil ways.

and as far as i know, the only people anakin killed are some jedi, his own officers and some rebels. from his point of view, those all could be considered "battelfield casualties". it's not like he was walking around killing puppies and pregnant women for the fun of it.(and no, i don't think he was responsible for blowing up alderan, that was all tarkin)

Would you just let Anakin walk away from punishment like this?
    who's to say the star wars universe has the concept of "hell" in their afterlife? how should he be punished? maybe you're thinking about this too much, as lucas was probably just after a happy ending.
    Last edited by derek; 10-10-2003 at 10:40 PM.

I agree..I think killing off old Palpy absolved him of his "sins". Not that I think it's right...but what can you do?
    Shop at the SOFA-KING Big Sofa Store

Where the sofas are SOFA-KING big!

I agree, killing Palps redeemed him as Anakin. He gave his own life for his son. He knew it was over anyways. Go out with a bang. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and becameVader. He then ceased to be Vader and became Anakin once again. Scitzophrenia(sp?) maybe?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by derek
    who's to say the star wars universe has the concept of "hell" in their afterlife?
    Well in ESB Han does say "Then I'll see you in hell!".

I agree that killing off Palpatine redeemed him. Palpy was the true evil one, there has always been some good in Vader trying to get out.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection