Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kill Bill

Kill Bill

I just got back from seeing Kill Bill, so if you haven't seen it and don't want to be spoiled, go away now.

Quentin T. has just surpassed all expectations I had of him as a director. the first installment of Kill Bill was excellent. The film follows the usual direction of his, with certain parts of the story being told out of order, but it always works. The fights, the blood, the way the film didn't take itself too seriously, I loved it all! My favorite part of the film was the backstory that was told about Cottonmouth. A majority of that backstorywas animated! And it worked well!
    Uma Thurman played the part of this revenge seeking bride well, and what was the deal with her name getting bleeped out whenever someone said it? I guess I'll just call her the Bride. A unmerciful killing machine out to get revenge has been done before, but this character felt fresh.
    There were some scenes in the film that made me jump, yes I was startled. I didn't expect it at all, but BAM, then I jump and look foolish. Well, I need to sort some of that movie out in my brain for the time being, but I'd love to hear what anyone else has to say about this movie.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

i read in one review that mrs. hawk's character is named "Black Mamba".

was she ever referred to as this in the film? maybe there were some copyright issues involved and instead of changing thruman's character's name, tarentino just bleeped it out?

i'm glad the movie was good, and am happy tarentino is back directing and hopefully he'll stay behind the camera and not in front of it. :happy:

Black Mamba is her codename, derek. I was excited earlier from seeing it, I should of clarified it more. I mean when they're speaking her real name, that's what gets bleeped out.

I can't wait to see this movie, but it's not released here till the 17th.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

This movie is incredible and EXTREMELY violent. How Tarantino got an R rating is mind boggling. The fight scenes were amazing especially GoGo's relentless attack with that mace type weapon. The animated scenes worked extremely well but I got the feeling they were put in there because if that origin story was live action the violence would have needed to be trimmed down a bit. The only complaint I have (and it's very minor) is the fact that most of the huge action sequence with the Yakuza was in B&W instead of color. It seemed as if this was done as a compromise in order to keep the amount of carnage present in this scene rather than a styleistic choice on the part of Tarantino. If you remember in the trailer the scene where Uma runs up the stairs railing then leaps swinging her sword was presented in color but in the final version of the film it's not. Overall I loved this movie and I think it solidifies Tarantino as one of the most innovative and talented directors of our time. I can't wait for volume 2 so we can see more of Budd, Elle Driver, and the man himself, Bill. Easily one of the best films of the year.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Not since Metallica appeared on Mission Impossible 2's soundtrack have I felt so inclined to buy a soundtrack before, but...then I saw Kill Bill! I think Battle Without Honor or Humanity makes the soundtrack worth it. I thought maybe I just grooved (yes, groove) with the music because of the picture it was being presented with, but I don't believe that's true anymore. I've been playing it on repeat for awhile now, and I think the guys living in the dorm rooms around me may be getting sick of it.

As for the movie...Hellboy, I've read that the thing was made black and white as an homage to old samurai movies, but I've also read it was done as the compromise you spoke of. I'm not sure what the real reason for it is, though.

I too was blown away. I kept hearing good things about this movie, so I had to see it for myself. Usually when a move gets a lot of positive press, my expectations get high and I'm disappointed (thats why I shy away from spoilers too). But this exceded my expectations. I can't even really describe it- just go see it.

The Animated bit was done on pourpose for Cottonmouths back story, but I hear the B/W was done to keep from getting an NC-17 rating without having to cut parts of the scene. For some reason if it's not red blood- it's not blood in the MPAA's eyes. Anyhow, the scene worked for me, as it was like she was in some sore of "zone" or "bezerker rage" while the b/w was shown.

Just a cool flick. I only wish it was released complete, or at least part 2 came out next week instead of in 4 months. The little tease in the ending was cool too.

=MATT=
    * General Disclaimer- I can't spell or type- Deal with it.

I saw it tonight and LOVED it.

I went to Wal-Mart to get the soundtrack, but they didn't have it. I'll have to go to Borders tomorrow to get it.

I can't think of a single bad thing about the movie.

I heard that they added the bleeping of her real name after they decided to release the film in two volumes. It must play a part in the story somewhere. But, they didn't want to re-shoot those scenes, so he bleeped it. Kinda weird, but no real complaints.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

The bleeping was in the original script. Tarantino says something in the script to the effect of "every time her name is said, it's bleeped out... until I want you to know it."

Awesome movie. I can't wait to see it again.

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahBlah
    The bleeping was in the original script. Tarantino says something in the script to the effect of "every time her name is said, it's bleeped out... until I want you to know it."

Awesome movie. I can't wait to see it again.
    it would be funny if we find out uma's character's name is "hillary".