Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Holy %$#@! Great News For 2004

This just in from GH.

Our Galactic Swami foresees good things in the future for Star Wars toys in 2004. Ready your wallets, because if you're a fan of the Original Trilogy, then you'll be spending plenty of dough indeed! Swami also tells us that the emphasis for 2004 are collectors and MAX articulation. Believe in the power of the Swami!

Basic Figures

Craving more Imperials for your collection? How about a first ever issue of Admiral Ozzel and a new Imperial TIE Pilot with improved articulation! If you've been wanting more characters from The Empire Strikes Back, you'll be happy to know that a long wished for Cloud Car Pilot, Leia Bespin Gown, Lobot, Dagobah R2-D2, and a new sculpt of bounty hunter Dengar are also planned.

Rounding out the OT figures are a Gold Leader X-Wing Pilot and a new Han Endor.

From the Prequels come new figures of Palpatine's aide Sly Moore, the Wookiee Senator Yarua, and duck-billed Jedi Pablo Jill.

Reissues of previously released figures are also to be continued. Now dubbed the "Hall of Fame" series, expect some form of Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, and Princess Leia.

Ultra Figures

For those who love those furry creatures with attitude, an Ultra Ewok 2 Pack with Catapult is planned. Another set from Return of the Jedi featuring B'ommar Monk and Bubo are also in the works.

Vehicles, Exclusives, and the Rest

The Sandcrawler is coming to Target. But Swami sez you already knew that. But did you know that Target will also carry Star Wars drinking glasses packed with exclusive figures? Sounds like a neat concept.

A new TIE Fighter with more accurately scaled wings as well as new colored versions of the Y-Wing and X-Wing (Gold Leader) will be dogfighting as an exclusive for a retailer.

Multi-packs to be released include themes from Naboo Final Battle, Pit of Carkoon, and Jedi Council (with Shaak-Ti).

Another large 12" exclusive for Kaybee is also planned with the same pricepoint as the Gamorrean Guard...more details to follow.

The Swami hopes you enjoyed this little sneak peak into the Galactic crystal ball. Swami wants to remind everyone that although we should all believe in the POTS (Power Of The Swami), nothing is guaranteed until Hasbro officially announces them!

Well, if it ends up true, then I will be in heaven. Better Tie Fighter. Gold leader with X-Wing. And different colored versions of Y-Wings. Ewoks (yes). More sitting council members. This only makes my day. "Hall of Fame" Huh. If it was a a hall of fame they could have popular figures like Bibble and Mon. The glasses concept for Targets, sounds, well, I will hold judgment until I learn all the details. But I'm impressed with the figure line up. Oh and I almost forgot, Admiral Ozzel, yee haw. If this is all true next year will be incredible.
    Come vote in my Best Figure thread this Preview Month.

Sounds good. And most of those fit some earlier rumors we've heard. Ozzel and Dengar were pretty much locked in. Nice to finally see Sly Moore on the way. Since the figure has been sculpted since before E2 came out. 2004 is looking so bright, I got to wear shades.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

That is good news, except for another Endor Han. Why do we need another one? Guess hasbro has to do something to irk us.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

And still no Pilot Battle Droid, they were even in AOTC... Does Hasbro hate making Battle Droids, expseically Pilot one's?

That is good news, except for another Endor Han. Why do we need another one?
    Yeah, when they could've made a Pilot Battle Droid instead.

Probably to make up for the crappy 2002 Endor Han. Since almost everyone disliked the figure, and he didn't come with his duster. And it looks like there will be an 'Endor' wave next year. So I'll bet we're going to get a Luke: Endor, Leia: Endor, and Han: Endor next year in a wave. Which will be great.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Everything sounds good to me. I can do without the Prequel stuff, but that's OK. I guess if the Cloud Car Pilot is coming, maybe the Car is too.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Another Tie-fighter? wait, didn't we JUST have one of those from KB toys? Can't hasbro do it right on the first place?

Nice lineup though!! Thanks for the info!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

JMG- that was my reaction too!

Great news about the rest of it though!
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Sounds great. This seems like a strong line-up. Hasbro is great in non-movie years. Glad to see an accurate tie fighter coming up. Gold leader is just icing on the cake. Hasbro is getting very smart too, releasing NEW figures with glasses, so they won't sit. 2004 is looking better each day.
    Worst episode ever!

We're going to be forking out the big bucks right up until 2006 or 7 I guess. I was hoping things would slow down next year - fewer, better figures and items - but it doesn't look that way. They must have 40 figures for next year announced already. Crikey. At least they look like they'll be good ones.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008