View Poll Results: How do you feel about the new Animated-Style Clone Wars Figures?

Voters
362. You may not vote on this poll
  • They look great! I can't wait to buy these!

112 30.94%
  • They're OK. I'll get them to be a completist.

60 16.57%
  • I'll wait and decide when I see them in person.

90 24.86%
  • I'm not interested and will pass on these.

100 27.62%

Hybrid View

How do you feel about the new Animated-Style Clone Wars Figures?

How do you feel about the new Animated-Style Clone Wars Figures?

I think they're kind of cool, but I don't plan on buying them right now.

It would help me to know if they are articulated more like Aayla Secura and less like Luminara Undulli. It'd add to the coolness quality I see in their sculpts.

I don't really want to start collecting a whole new line, and I'm not sure I'd count these if I was trying to be a completist.

But the Playskool line hooked me on their cuteness factor, as well as having durability, minimal parts that could be lost, and especially those warped vehicles.

To tell the truth, I'd have wanted more Playskool stuff, rather than these.

Also, as an Expanded Universe fan just dying for more EU characters from the story sources outside the films, I'm not sure that more of the same main characters, and a singular EU character (Ventriss) who already has a sculpt, needs more variations when Quinlan Vos, Villie, some Yuuzhan Vong, and the Solo Jedi do not even exist.

Still the animated-style figures are different, and well-sculpted to look like the art we'll be seeing on the cartoon show, so I'll stay open to the possibility that I'll want these.

I'm on the fence right now and will wait to see both the figures as well as the cartoon series.

How about you?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Voted they look great. Vintage cartoon styled figures are way overdue.
    Come vote in my Best Figure thread this Preview Month.

I voted "They look great" but I am actually between "look great" and "they are OK".

I plan on buying these, but I am not in a big hurry to snag 'em up. If Hasbro decided to wait until after Christmas to release these I would be fine with that. They look cool and all, but I could really use all the money I got right now, just to keep up AND still buy presents for the family for Christmas.
    May the force be with you.

I don't collect Droids or Ewoks from the vintage line so I'll pass on these figures. They don't do a lot for me, but they do look good.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Thumbs down Interesting, but flawed

While originally sceptical about these, now that I see them I think they could have some potential as one-offs outside the main line.

However, there are two problems I see with these:

1) Sure, it's a particular animation style, not true-life realism. But that doesn't mean that the figures shouldn't look like the actors. To me, Obi Wan looks passable, but Anakin and Mace, especially, just don't look like the actors.

2) A stranger thing is that considering that this will not be a full line, what is with the choice of characters? It seems to me that Yoda and a Clone would have been no-brainers as the top two standalone creations. With all due respect to Mace, I don't see him as a top-tier choice.

That's my two cents . . .
    What am I, a Moisture Farmer, an Angry Loner or a Sith Apprentice - I can't keep up!

A while ago I posted that I was happy that the clone wars figures that they were releasing were NOT cartoon looking. I thought that the old Ewoks and Droids figures sold poorly because they could not easily be mixed with the rest of the movie toys for expanded playability. I think the same about these new cartoon figures. However, I think they will sell much better than the old cartoon toys for two reasons:

1) They are from a cartoon that bridges the movies where the stories may be vital to understanding the third movie.

2) There are many more collectors who will never open and try to combine these toys with the movie figures.

I just hope the line is small (like the Shadows line) and Hasbro doesn't try to make every figure that appears in the cartoons. I would love to see more EU figures like Tycho suggested done in the movie style action figures.

I don't collect the playschool figures (they are too big for me) but I will collect these cartoon toys.
    Skeeziks22

i think these figures look really good, but i wish the poll had separated how you feel about the way the figures look from intentions to purchase. to me, those are two different things. i have no intention to buy these figures but i think they look great and should be fun for collectors and kids.

as for why the character selection: i'd say that since we haven't seen the cartoons yet, it's a bit early to speculate as to what role mace would have in the series vs. yoda. i agree a clone trooper would have been an obvious thing to include instead of 3 jedi, but maybe there are plans for those later on.

wow! I hope hasbro puts some of these on that great auction!
    The figs look good- but we could use some new "real" figs. Like EU's , ( thanks for suggesting that tycho). They look ALLRIGHT but some of them, sorry Mace, they just dont look that good.
    And we'll probly never find these... Even though my little bro works at target... how sad is that???? Hasbro should put there energy elsewhere.I should be nicer to hasbro though. I do like the unleased guys, they look pretty good.

I'll take a rain check on these. If I happen into Target and one or two look decent, then I will buy it, but for the most part, they can pegwarm for all I care.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten