Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

You Wont Believe This Super Ultra Big Spoiler

Before you read this let me warn you that this deals with Padme's death. I also recommend that if you don't wish to know about Padme's death don't visit TFN for a couple of days. Now on with the spoiler. This is from Darth Friday

Obi-Wan was sent to the new planet to "break up" a meeting of the Separatists at the location. Padme also has tracked down Anakin there. When she finds Anakin, he has already dispatched all the Seperatist leaders.
    She is still not full term yet in her pregnancy. Anakin only believes she is pregnant with one child.

Anakin force-chokes Padme and throws her aside as Obi-Wan ignites his saber and the duel begins.

When the twins are born, it is not due to Padme going into labor, but out of necessity to rescue them from her before she passes.

The twins are born on a brand new never-before seen world.

Let me tell you I'm really lost by this. I can't believe that it is Anakin that is responsioble about Padme's death. I wish I knew more.
    Come vote in my Best Figure thread this Preview Month.

This to me,doesnt sound all too believeable.

First,Leia remembers her mother.Its impossible to remember at birth.ROTJ would also have a large plot hole.Second,if it is true,and Padme is choked and Obi-Wan and Anakin duel,the twins would be dead.Not because of the fact they would be premature,but by the time someone would do a C-Section,so much oxygen would be lost.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

The report never says Padme dies. She is seriously injured. What could happen is that she dies giving child birth. There are lots of females that die giving birth. This may be no excpetion. What could have happened is that Luke is born first, taken aside because of Leia and then Leia is born. She briefly holds Leia, looks on her because she is about to die (sad) and then passes away. How's that? Anything is possible in the Star Wars world.

What I'm really thinking about is the implications this has for Star Wars overall. Imagine how much more powerful it would make ROTJ when Vader sacrifices himself for his son. This was the man who killed his own pregnant wife. Drama at its finest if it comes true. This is almost like a Greek Tragedy.
    Come vote in my Best Figure thread this Preview Month.

I'm with InsaneJediGirl: I find it hard to believe.

I also wonder if the audience will be shown there are twins, or not?

I still think it's a good idea to cover up there being 2, saving a surprise for ROTJ.

If you put your mind to it, you could think up ways for them to do this - even if the above scene is real.

I just cannot see Anakin doing that to his wife. I mean 3-4 years of marriage, where he's hardly home, and he turns into O.J. Simpson???
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by plo koon 200
    Anakin force-chokes Padme and throws her aside as Obi-Wan ignites his saber and the duel begins.
    Maybe Anakin doesn't *realize* the person he is choking is Padme until it's too late? Given her penchant for disguising herself and travelling incognito, it's quite possible she's in some costume, mask or helmet that makes it impossible to recognize her until she's lying dead on the ground.

Even if Anakin realizes his assailant is female, there's no reason for us to expect him to "pull his punches" - we've seen in AOTC how Anakin and Obi-Wan don't loosen-up on Zam Wesell when they've wounded and captured her.

Maybe Anakin will blame the Jedi Order for "setting Padme up", and maybe that's one of the events that push him over the edge.

I'm not sure how plausible a posthumous birth for the twins will seem, though...
    "Afterlife, aftershave - don't hold with any of it!" - Sir Henry Rawlinson.

Quote Originally Posted by plo koon 200
    Before you read this let me warn you that this deals with Padme's death. I also recommend that if you don't wish to know about Padme's death don't visit TFN for a couple of days. Now on with the spoiler. This is from Darth Friday

Obi-Wan was sent to the new planet to "break up" a meeting of the Separatists at the location. Padme also has tracked down Anakin there. When she finds Anakin, he has already dispatched all the Seperatist leaders.
    She is still not full term yet in her pregnancy. Anakin only believes she is pregnant with one child.

When the twins are born, it is not due to Padme going into labor, but out of necessity to rescue them from her before she passes.

The twins are born on a brand new never-before seen world.

Let me tell you I'm really lost by this. I can't believe that it is Anakin that is responsioble about Padme's death. I wish I knew more.
    Let's put it this way: if true, Lucas will have successfully "choked" off just about all hope for the Prequels, not that there is much left.

Anakin simply can't know about the pregnancy if the OT films are to work the way they were meant to.

Silly. Just plain silly.

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid
    Anakin simply can't know about the pregnancy if the OT films are to work the way they were meant to.

Silly. Just plain silly.
    Unless Anakin/Vader assumes that an unborn child died with Padme....
    "Afterlife, aftershave - don't hold with any of it!" - Sir Henry Rawlinson.

I still say Padme's "death" is only something that anakin believes has happened......it's much simpler that way...if he think's his pregnant wife is dead...he assumes the fetus' are as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord Returns
    ...he assumes the fetus' are as well.
    Fetus IS. Remember... Vader didn't know about Leia until Luke's thoughts gave her up.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**